MX4 vs Revolver X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdmrlAwesome

Reaction score
I know there's a bunch of threads on the mx4. However, I'm not a huge fan of not being able to see out the back window when it's all the way up. So, I'm leaning towards a roll up. Has anyone had luck with the revolver x4? I'm mostly interested in water seal and protecting my stuff. I know the x2 has been out for a while and the x4 is a matte version of it. Is that the only update that's been done? Or would the mx4 just be the way? Pricing seems to be about the same. I know a lot of people have been getting solid deals through the forum. Thanks so much.

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has the revolver and swears by it over the bakflip he had. I have the MX4 already or else I would probably go with the revolver. The rail system is designed better and it rolls up flawlessly. He also said that he can wash his truck or drive through rain storm and it seals 100%

I know there's a bunch of threads on the mx4. However, I'm not a huge fan of not being able to see out the back window when it's all the way up. So, I'm leaning towards a roll up. Has anyone had luck with the revolver x4? I'm mostly interested in water seal and protecting my stuff. I know the x2 has been out for a while and the x4 is a matte version of it. Is that the only update that's been done? Or would the mx4 just be the way? Pricing seems to be about the same. I know a lot of people have been getting solid deals through the forum. Thanks so much.

OP
OP
A

AdmrlAwesome

Reaction score
My buddy has the revolver and swears by it over the bakflip he had. I have the MX4 already or else I would probably go with the revolver. The rail system is designed better and it rolls up flawlessly. He also said that he can wash his truck or drive through rain storm and it seals 100%

Oh nice. Thanks. I think I’m leaning towards the revolver. Just have to find a good price.

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
Just installed an X4 on my Leadfoot Supercrew last week. The cover is awesome! Great fit and finishing and the matte finish looks amazing on the color. Drove in a hard driving rain doing 75 mph on I80 last weekend and powerwashed the truck on Weds. No rain made it in and only a few drops from the power washer and that was in the back along the tailgate. Here are a few pics of it installed. I would absolutely buy it again.7eafc1e63125be972bb8935a142a2a9f.jpgca54ae1318b1ee433d4ec3cadd9e75d3.jpgf8121a0e414cf14630e1a0ba066d5da9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

jrsteeno

Reaction score

I had an X2 on a Tundra that I traded for my Raptor about two months ago. I put an MX4 on the Raptor and have been very pleased with it, more than the X2. Main reason is the ability to partially open the MX4 which you really can't do on the X2. It's either all the way open or fully closed. With the X2 I occasionally had water come in both at the tailgate and near the cab, though not a lot. No water so far with the MX4, which seems to fit better than the X2 did on the Tundra. I don't think you can go wrong with either. For me, being able to partially open the cover outweighed not being able to see out the rear window.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had both. I really liked the revolver, except for in the winter it would freeze up and wouldn’t roll up. I switched to the MX4 and it works better for the winter, but you do sacrifice rear visibility.

Overall, I’m glad I switched, but if I lived in a warmer climate I would still have the revolver.

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Check out Truxedo Titanium before going w the MX4. Same thing it’s just a little cheaper. The guys at my local truck outfitter refused to used the bak industry’s bed covers because they said they had so much problems w bak’s customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you stand on These? Asking because when I back my boat down sometimes I have to crawl across the back. I have an undercover now, but hate that you can't put tall stuff in it.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got and installed the revolver also. i like that you can roll it up and still see out the back window. Very easy install and the new matte color goes great with my 2018 Magnetic SCAB.