Musy smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devildog1775

Reaction score
I have a 2018 and it is starting to smell musty on the inside. It's not coming from the vents and I can't find any wet carpet. Any ideas? The only thing that has changed is I don't drive the truck much lately.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed it and it helped a little but the truck still smells.
Hmm well if that helped maybe it is in your system? My BMW has it happen pretty frequently, I just run a bottle of Ozium sanitizer spray for a while then let the system recirc for a while

Another thought may be your windshield washer fluid

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 and it is starting to smell musty on the inside. It's not coming from the vents and I can't find any wet carpet. Any ideas? The only thing that has changed is I don't drive the truck much lately.
So what happens, is if you have the AC on while driving yhe truck and you park it for long periods of time, the mildew from the AC can make an odor that comes through the vents. A way to make sure that doesn't happen is to blast the heater before shutting it off so that water is evaporated.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rent or buy a commercial grade ozone generator , pull any rubber mats,and leave it running for 3-4 hours with all doors closed. Air it out and repeat if needed. Do not allow yourself or anyone, or pet be in it while that thing is running, as its harmful to be exposed.
After that id check for leaks… sun roof drain hoses ?

BWorkman

Reaction score
I had a problem where the truck was building up moisture underneath the rear seats when it rained hard. Might want to check and see if there’s any moisture there as well. I haven’t been driving my truck a lot either and put a box of baking soda under the driver seat and that seemed to help a little as well.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I had a problem where the truck was building up moisture underneath the rear seats when it rained hard. Might want to check and see if there’s any moisture there as well. I haven’t been driving my truck a lot either and put a box of baking soda under the driver seat and that seemed to help a little as well.

Check your rear cab vents.