Muffler dripping water (condensation)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed a bit of water dripping from my muffler. I’ve never seen it before, but the weather has gotten cooler in the past couple days. I know the water itself is probably just condensation, and I’m not concerned about that, but looking at it the water must be coming from inside the muffler, as there’s no water on the outside, and it’s actively dripping once a minute or so. So, there must be a tiny hole at the seam in the front of the muffler. Is that anything I should worry about?C0D48AA4-B2C9-47E6-9B46-4AF79A423E7A.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The hole is there on purpose, so the water (condensation) can drip out and not rust your muffler from the inside out. It would also freeze in cold weather and possibly separate your muffler. Nothing to see here, go back to offroading..

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Like I said, I wasn't worried about the moisture so much as the hole in the muffler seam. Good to know it's supposed to be there!