Mud tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend one that isn’t too far off from OEM on the highway (trying to not sacrifice drivability too much)?

Some of the areas I hunt are very muddy. I have almost gotten stuck a few times , but “Deep Sand” mode and Trail Control (at 1mph) saved my ass. Honestly I feel like my TRD PRO taco was better in the mud, but the Raptor does everything else better

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I’ve actually never run mud tires before, do they work without airing down?

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never personally ran the Toyo Open Country M/T’s, but I’ve seen tons of good reviews with the exception of tread life.
I ran Toyo MTs on my last truck. IMO, wore like iron. Typically got between 45 - 50K on them. You just have to keep rotating them, and properly inflated. Little loud though.

I went Toyo RTs on my Raptor, as I was looking to get away from that loud hum. So far, I love them. Love Toyos, wouldn't run anything else.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend one that isn’t too far off from OEM on the highway (trying to not sacrifice drivability too much)?

Some of the areas I hunt are very muddy. I have almost gotten stuck a few times , but “Deep Sand” mode and Trail Control (at 1mph) saved my ass. Honestly I feel like my TRD PRO taco was better in the mud, but the Raptor does everything else better
It's not the truck. KO2's are pretty good all round tires but they suck in mud because the small tread blocks plug up and don't clean out well.
General Grabber X3s. Love mine.
These are on my short list for my next set of tires. Tire Rack sells a load range E 315/70/17, a load range E 35x12.5x17 and a load range C 35x12.5x17. If I go with the Generals it will be the load range C 35x12.5x17. They are 10 lbs lighter than the load range Es and won't ride as harsh.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran Toyo MTs on my last truck. IMO, wore like iron. Typically got between 45 - 50K on them. You just have to keep rotating them, and properly inflated. Little loud though.

I went Toyo RTs on my Raptor, as I was looking to get away from that loud hum. So far, I love them. Love Toyos, wouldn't run anything else.

Had Toyos on my 2010 f150. Grabbed well. Started to dry rot after about 3 years.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country M/Ts were my favorite Mud Tires, but they are very heavy. I am currently running Cooper Discoverer STT Pros and they are my new favorite. Plenty of meaty tread, they are one of the lightest M/T tires available and they have seen their share of mud.

The OEM BFGs are great all around tires, but are marginal in mud.

IMG_0182.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts