Mud guards do they help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So - the OP has 0 offset wheels so I can see they stick out beyond the mud flaps... which is why he is still getting mud on the side of his truck like that. I have the RokBlokz mud flaps and they are adjustable to how far in our outbound they sit - I have the same wheels as the OP and my flaps block the whole tire when looking from the back. These husky flaps were designed for the +32 offset OEM wheels. Anyway, just my $.02

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, flags should always go the direction they would naturally “wave”. So unless you spend the majority of your time in reverse....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it's not about the direction it would wave, the American flag should always be displayed so that the Union (stars) is in the upper left, whether it's displayed vertical (hanging) or horizontal.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got same huskys and painted them same color as truck. they should be on truck in week or so for pics

since i also painted the flares look weird only thing that was black are mudflaps

IMG-20190215-WA0003.jpg

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it's not about the direction it would wave, the American flag should always be displayed so that the Union (stars) is in the upper left, whether it's displayed vertical (hanging) or horizontal.
Not true. Just look at the flag patch worn on a military uniform. Regulations requires that the flag's stars always be on the forward-facing side.

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not going to argue with you, but in my many years of pro racing, the flag was always shown opposite on passenger side of the car...just as a real flag would look...flags are two sided.

Many military applications have it this way as well.

Edit: as noted above. I didn’t see that post before replying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When displaying a flag the Union should always appear in the upper left corner, whether the flag is vertical or horizontal.

Flag 'patches' on U.S. Military uniforms follow a different convention. Patches on the right arm are worn with the Union on the upper right as a symbol that when the wearer is moving forward the flag patch appears to be flying in the breeze and does not appear to be retreating.

LOL I don't really care how the OP displays his sticker.....

Last edited:

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my husky mud flaps, I use the rear set because I don't want too much crap thrown at my Airstream trailer that is often behind it.
All in all, one of my first mods - and glad I did.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are mud flaps a good idea with stock wheels?

Absolutely...it's not the wheels...it's the open running board that's the problem. The Huskys do a good job, but some stuff still comes through the running board farther back. The only true solution would be to attach something to the bottom of the running board that makes it a solid barrier.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And one nice thing about the front Husky's, If you didn't know they were aftermarket you would think they are OEM, they fit that well.