Mud Flaps for gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the weathertech gen2’s mudflaps work on the gen3? Has anybody tried to fit them?
The profile of the Gen2 Weathertech flaps fit, the holes don't line up. Looks like an easy fix, with a couple added holes in the flaps. I will fit them and take some pics this week.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing yet but I haven’t followed up. I don’t know if it’s the dry weather we’ve had or what but the front doors have remained a lot cleaner on my 3rd gen vs my 2nd without any flaps. Winter re-evaluation coming soon.
I think its the running board. I wish I had a pic of where the holes are on the gen 2. but it seems like there were a lot more and didn't have the solid areas. my guess is less gets thru. could be its closer to the front wheel also. Id prefer not to put them on if I dont have to, the dirty doors and handles in the winters were the only reason I put them on the gen2

can someone take a pic of there gen 2 running boards.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Gen 3 Rokblokz and they fit great, they have two different sizes a regular and an XL. It says the XL if for aftermarket wheels with a different offset than stock. I used the regular ones on my 37 truck.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
I think its the running board. I wish I had a pic of where the holes are on the gen 2. but it seems like there were a lot more and didn't have the solid areas. my guess is less gets thru. could be its closer to the front wheel also. Id prefer not to put them on if I dont have to, the dirty doors and handles in the winters were the only reason I put them on the gen2

can someone take a pic of there gen 2 running boards.
It's winter and I ordered the Rokblokz mud flaps. The Gen 3 running boards are providing no help with dirty doors, handles, and the windows. The flaps are a simple install so I'll take them off in the spring.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely need mudlaps up front if you have running boards and live where it snows. I have some friends who own body shops and get on my case about it everytime I get a vehicle with running boards. The salt just eats away at them. Rockblox wants $117 just for the fronts. FYI.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely need mudlaps up front if you have running boards and live where it snows. I have some friends who own body shops and get on my case about it everytime I get a vehicle with running boards. The salt just eats away at them. Rockblox wants $117 just for the fronts. FYI.
I just took off my old NFab running bars from my Tundra this summer and I was able to break them in half with my hands because of how rusted out they were. The salt game up here is no joke.

OP
OP
BellHeli407

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s funny one would run only fronts. It’s like giving whoever may be behind you the middle finger every time your drive your truck.