Mud Flaps for gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The profile of the Gen2 Weathertech flaps fit, the holes don't line up. Looks like an easy fix, with a couple added holes in the flaps. I will fit them and take some pics this week.
Any luck using this method? I am considering going this route since I'm not the biggest fan of the RokBlokz size and the reviews on the weathertech's seem really good.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck using this method? I am considering going this route since I'm not the biggest fan of the RokBlokz size and the reviews on the weathertech's seem really good.
They fit fine. I put some blue painters tape about where I thought the holes would be, put them up against the existing screw heads to make a mark on the tape. Then drilled the flaps. Fit perfect! (edit... almost perfect. I forgot... The rear fender flare is slightly wider on the Gen 3, so the flap outer lip sits on the flare. Looks fine to me though, as the profile is the same.)

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpeg
    IMG_3251.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3249.jpg
    IMG_3249.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3250.jpg
    IMG_3250.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fit fine. I put some blue painters tape about where I thought the holes would be, put them up against the existing screw heads to make a mark on the tape. Then drilled the flaps. Fit perfect! (edit... almost perfect. I forgot... The rear fender flare is slightly wider on the Gen 3, so the flap outer lip sits on the flare. Looks fine to me though, as the profile is the same.)
This is great - thank you for the pics and the tips!

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Looks good. I think the reason the older do not fit correctly, or why they are redoing is not for the holes, it is to match the higher flare that goes higher on the fender flare.

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
My set of black Rok Blokz arrived yesterday. I'm still a good 30 days out from my Raptor arriving. Given the current ADM world we're in, I'm willing to sell my Rok Blokz set at 17x what I paid for them. DM me if you're interested :laughing1:

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Rokblokz last week and installed the fronts yesterday. I used the original factory Ford screws because they seemed long enough. Anybody do the same? Any issues?

TheMachinist

Reaction score
I would use the Rokblokz hardware for the rear, those metal clips are better than fords plastic inserts, which kind of get damaged once you take the screw out. For the front, the ford screws are probably better off, the Rockbloks washer inner diameter is way too big for that screw size, it barely grabs the surface. Also, I didnt see the need to drill that third hole on the rear, just my opinion. I am happy with how they look, including the red logo against the rapid red. Was spraying a bunch of road salt all over my doors before I got the flaps.

Attachments

• 20230116_122405.jpg
    20230116_122405.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 48