MTZ vs Trail Grappler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csirnak

Reaction score
Both are very similar. Mtz is 8 lbs less and E rated, Nitto is 8 lbs more and D rated. I have it down ride quality. Which one will ride smoother on the highway and over bumps? My toyo rt were jarring as hell and were e rated.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both are very similar. Mtz is 8 lbs less and E rated, Nitto is 8 lbs more and D rated. I have it down ride quality. Which one will ride smoother on the highway and over bumps? My toyo rt were jarring as hell and were e rated.
I had trail grapplers and loved them. On and off road. Perfect tire for mud dirt street and not bad on sand

I had Mickey Thompson Baja Claws and they were great off road, but were unbalance-able and I took them off with tread left. It was beyond jarring it was deplorable.

I think I ran mtzs on my old 250 and they also did well offorad and did better on but while those tires were on there the truck developed the death wobble.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running Mickey Thompson Deegan 38's and so far I like them. Fairly quiet on the road and pretty aggressive mud terrain pattern too. And I picked them up for $25o/each for 35's. Something to consider, but they are D rated if you're looking for more load rating.