MT Baja Legend EXP tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or running the new tire offering from Mickey Thompson? I like the looks, weight and similarities to the BFG KO2. Wondering if they are any more quiet as they wear when compared to KO2 (which are getting a bit annoyingly loud at 25k miles).

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those look loud.

I have 42k on my stock k02's (with 5 tire rotation strategy). The tread looks like it has another 10k in them, but they are loud and out of balance at speeds of 65-80mph. so I just drive 90mph most of the time.

OP
OP
RR_Raptor

RR_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look loud.

I have 42k on my stock k02's (with 5 tire rotation strategy). The tread looks like it has another 10k in them, but they are loud and out of balance at speeds of 65-80mph. so I just drive 90mph most of the time.
I’m due for rotation and likely will get ~35k out of them, so I’m starting to research what’s next. Nothing has interested me enough to stray from KO2 until these.

Also. It sure how loud they look. Tread kind of similar to Ridge Grapplers, which are pretty quiet on my cousin’s Tundra TRD Pro

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are only constructed of two sidewall plies, thats the reason for the low weight. Just like the new Recon Grappler, aggressive looks but i wouldn't take them to Baja (ironic, i know). Totally fine tire for a lot of 4x4s and Raptors based on how most trucks get used.