MSRP Guesses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford is smart, they'll strip off heavy crap like the moonroof, the power tailgate, the step, the power package, delete the rear seat, cage it, upgrade the suspension and brakes, and price it wherever they want. They would sell like hotcakes.

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
If Ford is smart, they'll strip off heavy crap like the moonroof, the power tailgate, the step, the power package, delete the rear seat, cage it, upgrade the suspension and brakes, and price it wherever they want. They would sell like hotcakes.
I feel like that would be catering to a specific group who will be using more offroad, where its meant to be an upfront challenge to the TRX. I would love to see upgraded brakes and suspension, but I bet all the luxuries stay.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like that would be catering to a specific group who will be using more offroad, where its meant to be an upfront challenge to the TRX. I would love to see upgraded brakes and suspension, but I bet all the luxuries stay.

But such a purpose built niche vehicle that’s otherwise completely impractical has never stopped all the exotic companies from selling all their cars at big markups. This truck should be the same, most won’t be used for what they’re designed for but plenty of people would pay deep into the 6 figures for a road legal race truck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You serious?
Yup
Yes, yes, and yes. Unfortunately.
But such a purpose built niche vehicle that’s otherwise completely impractical has never stopped all the exotic companies from selling all their cars at big markups. This truck should be the same, most won’t be used for what they’re designed for but plenty of people would pay deep into the 6 figures for a road legal race truck.
Exactly. If Ford did this, I'd be tempted just for the coolness factor. Then I'd calculate the range, come to my senses, and pass. But I'd be sad about it. A loaded R? Hard pass. No regrets.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely agree, like the Bronco DR. I think Raptor R buyers will be mostly (not all) very connected guys who will only own it as a bragging right. Probably do a few burnouts and hit the dirt a time or two then drive to the country club and dinner occasionally.

MrClean

Reaction score
I dont know, that carbon fiber, especially rims is super expensive. I see it being more equitable to a heritage package at mid 90s. I think a rear seat delete, 20" rim raptor would be a little awkward, especially in a 4 door model
The R will have upgraded suspension and a few other surprises. It’s going to be over 100k fully equipped.