MSRP considered a "Low Bid" by Galpin Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like most if not all that are not in Cali will get you a 18 msrp or below and also a few around that will reserve you a 19 for msrp
I spent ~6 months calling local dealerships and as of 8/8 had not found an Austin dealership to sell at MSRP. I had to go to a very small town 100 miles west to find one. Could have paid less out of state but license and taxes were extra headaches with that plan.

EDIT: ...but Austin is a CA microcosm, so YMMV :p

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds almost identical to when I was looking to buy mine......tried to work with local dealers (TX) ...ended up going to St. Louis to get a deal.
Now I’ll be taking it in to a local dealer for a recall fix....can’t wait to talk with them :)
What’s amazing is with a bit of research and patience you can find a good deal out there on these raptors.

LOL, rs won't matter you'll get the same careless service either way. I've never had better service (nor even been offered a loaner) for buying a new vehicle from any Ford dealer...now Porsche and BMW, completely different story...

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll have a clueless 20 yr. old trying to justify ADM (just repeating his sales mgr.'s words) and why you should pay it...!

funny I'm still hearing this from some dealer "limited production car", "high demand", "just like the gt350", some dealers that are quoting at msrp are calling "unprecedented deal", "never sold at this price"... this for 2018 like last week!

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, rs won't matter you'll get the same careless service either way. I've never had better service (nor even been offered a loaner) for buying a new vehicle from any Ford dealer...now Porsche and BMW, completely different story...

don't need to go too far, Lincoln will pick up, drop it off back to your house and give you a loaner! I don't blame ford actually, just haven't heard of any non luxury brand doing this type of thing even with some cars costing more than many luxury cars like raptor and expedition

OP
OP
pastorwug

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Visited a Ford dealer only about an hour away because they were advertising a 2017 White Raptor with a new "reduced" price. Come to find out that their new price is still above the 2017 MSRP the truck sold at in 2017! oh and BTW - with 18K miles!
How do these dealers sleep at night?
Their only 2018 now only $5k above MSRP.

I hate stealerships.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Visited a Ford dealer only about an hour away because they were advertising a 2017 White Raptor with a new "reduced" price. Come to find out that their new price is still above the 2017 MSRP the truck sold at in 2017! oh and BTW - with 18K miles!
How do these dealers sleep at night?
Their only 2018 now only $5k above MSRP.

I hate stealerships.

I'd tell them all to **** off and buy elsewhere, out of state if necessary. The only reason they do that is because they can. If no one pays it then they won't be able to charge it.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd tell them all to **** off and buy elsewhere, out of state if necessary. The only reason they do that is because they can. If no one pays it then they won't be able to charge it.
No need to be rude IMO, just say thanks and walk away or hang up.

A couple of weeks after I ordered mine one of the dealerships I had been calling regularly called me to ask if I was still looking for Raptor. I told them I found one in another city and he seemed sad, said they could have worked with me on price. I reminded him he said "$10K over sticker" just a couple of week earlier, his response was "we still get that on most of them". So I said "would you have sold me one for sticker?", he said no.

So yeah, don't blame the dealers, they are just doing what (other) consumers allow.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
99% of Cali dealers are crooks. I wouldnt buy a soda from the vending machine at any of them.

Purchased at Ford Country in Henderson NV for MSRP. It took some conversing to get there. Not sure what deals they have now. I ordered back in 2016.

OP
OP
pastorwug

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99% of Cali dealers are crooks. I wouldnt buy a soda from the vending machine at any of them.

Purchased at Ford Country in Henderson NV for MSRP. It took some conversing to get there. Not sure what deals they have now. I ordered back in 2016.

Going to a dealership, as I did yesterday, is akin to a root canal for me. As soon as the lies begin to flow I'm done, and I told him so. An honest living and an honest profit are fair, a workman is worth his wages, but when they begin twisting the truth for their benefit I know I don't want to have a lasting relationship with them, regardless of the price.
If their salesmen aren't truthful then why would their Service Manager be?
There seems to be an attitude of the sales force doing you a favor by selling you a vehicle. Don't they realize there's an internet out there with reviews and comments about their sales force and service force?

YELP is a great tool to use to find a reputable dealer. Sadly, many local dealers have a bad reputation, particularly in their service department.