MSRP considered a "Low Bid" by Galpin Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another bait and switch from a dealer in wa (bud clary) with a single raptor advertised for 4k9 below sticker price.

talked to their internet sales guy which then tells me it was a mistake but they cannot change the ad price until the vehicle arrives in the lot, but guess what since they made a mistake his manager authorized him to sell the truck for msrp! you know all raptors they sold had a mark up and I’d be getting a deal at msrp!

It’s comical because I know he is BSing me and he also knows I’m aware of that and we all pretend it was a mistake! didn’t call him out, just not worth my time simply said “no thank you, give me a call when you are willing to honor your internet price”

redpatron1

Reaction score
another bait and switch from a dealer in wa (bud clary) with a single raptor advertised for 4k9 below sticker price.

talked to their internet sales guy which then tells me it was a mistake but they cannot change the ad price until the vehicle arrives in the lot, but guess what since they made a mistake his manager authorized him to sell the truck for msrp! you know all raptors they sold had a mark up and I’d be getting a deal at msrp!

It’s comical because I know he is BSing me and he also knows I’m aware of that and we all pretend it was a mistake! didn’t call him out, just not worth my time simply said “no thank you, give me a call when you are willing to honor your internet price”

Looks like you still on the hunt. Found a lot of dealers in the south but I’m not risking it with hurricane season. I don’t want water damage or worse stuck out in Louisiana when the highways are clogged up and there’s no gas to be found. Plus they got those crazy doc fees, $700 for paper work. Lol

Also a lot of bait and switch like you said. Mark them down with a “price mistake” get you to call.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got ****** around at 4 local dealers in NJ - so I went out to PA and got a great deal for a very low mileage '17 SCREW AG with a 100k mi CPO. To anyone in NJ, stay away from All-American Ford in Old Bridge and George Wall in Shrewsbury.

At George Wall, on Car Guru's the truck was advertised as $4835 OFF MSRP. Of course I knew this was likely incorrect, so I made an appointment and stopped in for clarification. Even if I could've met them at MSRP I would've been happy and bought the truck. However, the games started when the sales guy goes "Car Guru?! What the hell is a Car Guru?" The sales manager walks by and goes "no way, pssssh please, these sell for $5k over sticker all f-ing day long." Third guy standing in the dealer goes "he ain't gonna buy a Raptor."

This happened within 5 minutes or less. Obviously I was surprised the conversation went like that, so I said thanks for wasting my time, hopped in my Gen 1 and drove off. Couple days later, bought mine from a nice small dealer in PA which I found online. I've found that the prices closer to the mid-west are pretty fair.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds almost identical to when I was looking to buy mine......tried to work with local dealers (TX) ...ended up going to St. Louis to get a deal.
Now I’ll be taking it in to a local dealer for a recall fix....can’t wait to talk with them :)
What’s amazing is with a bit of research and patience you can find a good deal out there on these raptors.

redpatron1

Reaction score
This sounds almost identical to when I was looking to buy mine......tried to work with local dealers (TX) ...ended up going to St. Louis to get a deal.
Now I’ll be taking it in to a local dealer for a recall fix....can’t wait to talk with them :)
What’s amazing is with a bit of research and patience you can find a good deal out there on these raptors.
Where in St. Louis? I was talking to a dealer in kc and we had a deal line up. As soon as I mentioned, I’m flying in for out of state he went dark.

redpatron1

Reaction score
Seems to be a typical M.O.
any luck lately?

i don't know how people from outside the region get deals, do you just show up with no appointments? any slight mention of out of state, questions about my area code, and the deal just goes dead with a I'll get back to you with some final details.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in St. Louis? I was talking to a dealer in kc and we had a deal line up. As soon as I mentioned, I’m flying in for out of state he went dark.

Lou Fusz Ford Chesterfield, Mo ....just outside of St. Louis. They obtained it via dealer trade a few months prior.
I searched on iSeeCars & autotrader mainly

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also try Marshall Ford in O'Fallon, MO, ask for Jim Parisi. He's a straight up sales guy and has sold quite a few new Raptors to out of state folks below MSRP. He's very familiar with the requirements for out of state buyer's...(providing you the original MSO, not charging MO sales tax, etc.)

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been calling Ford Dealerships pretty much up and down the coast of California and so far have not found a dealer that will sell at MSRP. Galpin Ford, supposedly the largest volume Ford dealership in the world told me $7500 above MSRP is the best they would do. They said MSRP was a "low bid" from a prospective buyer.

So folks, is there a Dealer that will sell me a Raptor at MSRP that you know of?

Stay away from those guys, they are terrible to deal with, you'll have a clueless 20 yr. old trying to justify ADM (just repeating his sales mgr.'s words) and why you should pay it...life's too short for that level of BS. Just go out of state, I went to MO, $1K under MSRP ordered exactly what I wanted...even PHX AZ are selling at MSRP and that's a short drive. Easy to register in CA, Just need to get it weighed and smogged and pay the CA state sales tax at DMV...I had all my stuff ready and spent about an hour a local DMV to get registered...do your footwork and you'll save thousands!