MSRP considered a "Low Bid" by Galpin Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my hunt over the last couple of months here are some dealers discounting:

https://www.victoryfordonline.com/n...-150&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=

http://www.jeffbelzer.com/new-ford-...racted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-trim-3

https://www.graydanielsford.com/all...e=&make=Ford&model=F-150&lastFacetInteracted=

http://www.akinsford.com/new-cars-winder-ga?_gmod[0]=Dfe_Modules_VehiclePrice_Module&_gmod[1]=Dfe_Modules_CustomizePayment_Module&direction=asc&t=n&make[]=Ford&model[]=F-150&trim[]=Raptor&sf=sf_make,sf_model,sf_trim

https://www.samscismford.net/new/Fo...e71d7dc07c1d62256e.htm?mycarsr=vdp-recentCars (I saw this one at $5180 under MSRP)

There are others and they pop up almost daily. I see most by setting up alerts on Cars.com or cargurus. I've also talked to a handful of dealers who don't advertise discounts but they are willing to offer discounts. My recommendation is to look for older "blend dates" on the window sticker as there will be more motivation to move the older inventory. They do seem to move quickly once the discount is advertised. Most are in the midwest or south, which has presented trouble for me since I'm in California. I ignored most that were on the east coast. Bottom line, if you are willing to go out of state you will find some good discounts. For those of us in CA, this is a no-brainer.

I will tell you that those discounts are usually a mistake by the internet end on the dealers website. The web sales discounts automatically go on the F-150s and the Raptors are classified as 150s in many areas. Call and you will be told this. Ford is running huge discounts on the 18 F-150s now. Dealer websites automatically load this. I know as I have called many dealers and been told this. MSRP is still a good deal. These huge discounts people talk about are usually just bunk.

Sam

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will tell you that those discounts are usually a mistake by the internet end on the dealers website. The web sales discounts automatically go on the F-150s and the Raptors are classified as 150s in many areas. Call and you will be told this. Ford is running huge discounts on the 18 F-150s now. Dealer websites automatically load this. I know as I have called many dealers and been told this. MSRP is still a good deal. These huge discounts people talk about are usually just bunk.

Sam

I confirmed all these discounts directly with each dealer. I did come across many with bogus discounts as you have indicated. Note that most of these have pretty old build dates so they have been on lots for quite a while. The biggest incentive is loss of 2019 allocations from what I've been told.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I confirmed all these discounts directly with each dealer. I did come across many with bogus discounts as you have indicated. Note that most of these have pretty old build dates so they have been on lots for quite a while. The biggest incentive is loss of 2019 allocations from what I've been told.

Interesting. I just called the dealer that had the 4K discount across the board and they confirmed it was a computer generated discount that was for only the F-150s, not the Raptors. The computer lumped the Raptors in as it sees them as F-150s..

Sam

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just called the dealer that had the 4K discount across the board and they confirmed it was a computer generated discount that was for only the F-150s, not the Raptors. The computer lumped the Raptors in as it sees them as F-150s..

Sam
You referring to Akins? I spoke to Woody and had a deal worked out with them. $4K is a bit misleading because they have a $600 (or so) doc fee. In the end I passed because I found others that weren't so over-optioned. He actually told me they needed to move these quickly so they could keep their 2019 allocations high. Note that the ones they have that just arrived on their lot do not show discounts.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Don't know who I spoke to. I already bought one here in Colorado. Was just curious as there were several dealers here that had the exact same issue with there online site. I paid MSRP on a leadfoot and it was heavily optioned.

Sam

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I understand why we sell raptors over MSRP? Yep.
I'm one of the (relative) few who do not hate you for it. Getting the most you can for a desirable and limited availability product that you have is how it should be.

The two-way street part of this equation is that I walk away from local dealerships who I've a "relationship" with (based on previous purchases and the "joining our family" BS) that refuse to sell at or below MSRP, and move out of state or (since I'm in Texas) a few hundred miles away to small dealership that only gets a few allocations.

No hard feelings, on either side, that is how it should be.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one of the (relative) few who do not hate you for it. Getting the most you can for a desirable and limited availability product that you have is how it should be.

The two-way street part of this equation is that I walk away from local dealerships who I've a "relationship" with (based on previous purchases and the "joining our family" BS) that refuse to sell at or below MSRP, and move out of state or (since I'm in Texas) a few hundred miles away to small dealership that only gets a few allocations.

No hard feelings, on either side, that is how it should be.

Speaking on the “family side” of things. I have seen MSRP deals on gen 2s if you bought a gen1 from us in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pastorwug

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how that term "Family" is tossed in, coming from dealerships who have a pretty twisted idea of "Family." What "family" member would jab their sibling for thousands above a Manufacture's Suggested Retail Price?
Twisted sister? LOL

Qbngringo

Reaction score
Don Franklin has a dealer fee, i think it was $500 so keep that in mind. They were really easy to work with remotely and even would have arranged shipping had I not done it on my own. They offered to ship my car for 1k and I am about 1000 miles away from them. So expect to add about 1500-2500 for delivery and dealer fee to this price depending on how far you are. Still well worth the savings over msrp.