MPT Turbosmart Blow Off Valve BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Reviving this thread. Doing ADD bumper and CVF intercooler pretty soon. Wondering what’s the best route for an aftermarket bov also vs the plug method for the stock diverter

I enjoy the Pshhh sound so while the exhaust note on this truck is underwhelming, at least I can get some pshhh.

So is there a way to avoid the “sprinkler” noise with an aftermarket bov? And if not, any negatives to using the plug method that a lot of people are doing?

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably a silly question, but wouldn't a blow-off valve help with turbo wear? My understanding is without a blow-off valve the unused boost left in the system goes backwards into the turbo again?

Kyle Nezat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably a silly question, but wouldn't a blow-off valve help with turbo wear? My understanding is without a blow-off valve the unused boost left in the system goes backwards into the turbo again?
This is the exact reason I have a mechanical blow off valve to release some pressure. Not sure if it’s needed or not but I like the idea

BURR

Reaction score
Hello I have been wondering about a Turbosmart blowoff valve myself. How is your working out. I sent an email to turbo smart because I read somewhere that it doesn't really come with any instructions as far as adjusting and told them it looks like some people are adjusting them and seeing what happens. They told me they are plug and play and don't require any adjustments and never did. So I was just wondering how you are doing with yours?