GEN 2 MPT Tunes - any advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video for all to see Joeeyyy. MPT told me on a recent phone call that they have several Gen 2 Raptors there that they use to spend many hours developing tunes.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I have 3 tunes I only run the 93PRX 99.5% of the time. When I tow, I just drop back to the stock tune. PS, don’t get the 93PRX if you don’t want to spin the tires on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.... ;)

Do you have a 93 tow tune?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Raptor a few weeks ago... used 2020. Purchased the 93 PRX and 93 PRX Tow after researching a lot... this thread helped quite a bit as well.
I loaded the PRX Tow first. Nice... trans shifting is a little better (smoother and hits all the gears) and the mid and top end fell stronger. I wasn't disappointed, just expected a little more initially. I see why they consider this a good "daily driver tune". A week with that tune, then loaded the 93 PRX. WOW. Totally different truck. Throttle sensitivity is much higher that the PRX Tow (I asked them to back it off just a little), but otherwise it is amazing. Couldn't believe how hard it pulled off the line and to the top. Simply incredible. I am completely stock otherwise.
All the comments here on their customer service are spot on. A couple phone calls to verify and ask a few questions and they were extremely helpful and courteous.
I did even know that you have 60 days from purchase to get modifications done for no cost. Like the throttle sensitivity adjustment for me. I am also having them take the PRX transmission strategy and put in on the PRX Tow. Just love how it shifts. Can't recommend them enough.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Raptor a few weeks ago... used 2020. Purchased the 93 PRX and 93 PRX Tow after researching a lot... this thread helped quite a bit as well.
I loaded the PRX Tow first. Nice... trans shifting is a little better (smoother and hits all the gears) and the mid and top end fell stronger. I wasn't disappointed, just expected a little more initially. I see why they consider this a good "daily driver tune". A week with that tune, then loaded the 93 PRX. WOW. Totally different truck. Throttle sensitivity is much higher that the PRX Tow (I asked them to back it off just a little), but otherwise it is amazing. Couldn't believe how hard it pulled off the line and to the top. Simply incredible. I am completely stock otherwise.
All the comments here on their customer service are spot on. A couple phone calls to verify and ask a few questions and they were extremely helpful and courteous.
I did even know that you have 60 days from purchase to get modifications done for no cost. Like the throttle sensitivity adjustment for me. I am also having them take the PRX transmission strategy and put in on the PRX Tow. Just love how it shifts. Can't recommend them enough.

Your sure are correct! You made a great choice! Best tune out there! Took my time deciding and if I felt there was a better tune out there I would have done it. I’m just so satisfied and definitely made the right choice.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

18months w/ MPT tune and i can report the very same. Had the truck in the shop last week for a few things and driving it stock was boring...

KeithV

Reaction score
You guys are killing me! I've thought about doing the MPT tune for the last few months, but then start thinking I'll just wait awhile. Trying not to spend much unnecessary money right now. But then I read these posts and it makes me want to jump online right now and buy it

I haven't called to talk to them yet, but one thing I am curious about. I assume once you put 1 of the tunes on, that all of the performance modes still change like they normally would, just with more power and better shifting, correct? But if that's the case, I don't understand why you need a separate tow tune when there's already a tow mode on the Raptor.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are killing me! I've thought about doing the MPT tune for the last few months, but then start thinking I'll just wait awhile. Trying not to spend much unnecessary money right now. But then I read these posts and it makes me want to jump online right now and buy it

I haven't called to talk to them yet, but one thing I am curious about. I assume once you put 1 of the tunes on, that all of the performance modes still change like they normally would, just with more power and better shifting, correct? But if that's the case, I don't understand why you need a separate tow tune when there's already a tow mode on the Raptor.

You can't tow or haul with the 93 PRX. That is why there is a 93 PRX Tow. The modes change when you switch them... for example, on the 93 PRX in normal, it drives pretty normal (although initially the throttle sensitivity was higher and you do hit every gear (no skips)) In sport it is a monster... not in a bad way. Shifts are firm and quick. Both modes are smoother all around.
I also think the stock shift strategy is crap. Feels like the truck is never in the gear you want, and clunky on occasion.
I would highly suggest giving them a call... they are very informative and will answer any question you have. That's what pushed me over the edge... I will never look back.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't tow or haul with the 93 PRX. That is why there is a 93 PRX Tow. The modes change when you switch them... for example, on the 93 PRX in normal, it drives pretty normal (although initially the throttle sensitivity was higher and you do hit every gear (no skips)) In sport it is a monster... not in a bad way. Shifts are firm and quick. Both modes are smoother all around.
I also think the stock shift strategy is crap. Feels like the truck is never in the gear you want, and clunky on occasion.
I would highly suggest giving them a call... they are very informative and will answer any question you have. That's what pushed me over the edge... I will never look back.

My 93 PRX is very strong just in normal. Huge difference over stock. Sport is just stupid fast and responsive! Normal is so strong that I very seldom ever use sport.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You give in and get your MPT tune yet?