Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 MPT Tunes - any advice

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by DarthKickA55, Sep 29, 2020.

1. cpost6

cpost6 Full Access Member

My 93PRX and trans tune is really strong and truck runs flawless. Trans shifts so quick and smooth and downshifts are perfect.

TXRaptor likes this.
  2. gsxraptor

gsxraptor Member

I am debating between the MPT tune and Goosetuned...people seem to love both. Does anyone have comparisons between these 2 tunes?

3. cpost6

Look at the price of MPT! Best bang for the buck of any tuner. They are great to speak with and you can send them a log and they will adjust tune if necessary. You can read my many posts of how satisfied I am. Wasn’t about to get on the Goose bandwagon. No Goose for me!

4. Joeeyyy

Joeeyyy Full Access Member

I'm still interested in the Goosetune too, but I purchased MPT tunes based on the pricing and customer reviews. I think they both offer great customer service. I asked several questions to both before purchasing. Goosetune CS seems like a more personal connection with quick responses. My experience with MPT is good, but calling seems to be the best method of communication.

There is a thread floating around here from a member that describes how each tune makes its power in the band from a few different tuners. It is a pretty good write-up. Good Luck, either way you go you should be happy. It definitely improves the truck's performance.

• Another consideration that helped me make my decision with MPT that was cost associated is I could purchase the Ngauge/MPT tunes and CVF intercooler for less than the Goose tuned cobb.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    cpost6 likes this.
  5. cpost6

^^^MPT is really good to speak with by phone. I prefer to talk on phone when I have questions. Not much for email like I have to do with Pro Tuning Freaks about my BMW M cars.

6. gsxraptor

gsxraptor Member

Anyone have a HP/TQ comparison between MPT and Goosetuned?

7. cpost6

Even if it were 5, 10 or even 20 hp difference, you would never notice it on a 5600 lb vehicle.

You wouldn’t even notice a 10 hp gain on a 3600 lb vehicle. Now a 10 hp gain on a 400 lb sport bike would get your attention!

8. gsxraptor

gsxraptor Member

Right but just to compare apples to apples, I am seeing numbers around 450hp from Goose stage 1 kit, can I expect similar numbers from MPT?

9. Joeeyyy

Joeeyyy Full Access Member

DarthKickA55 likes this.
  10. Johnkn

Johnkn Full Access Member

It’s not max numbers that are so important, it’s the numbers under the curve and across the entire pull that really matter.

cpost6 likes this.