GEN 2 MPT Tunes - any advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DarthKickA55

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I am sticking with the MPT as I have already bought and paid for it. I did a lot of research on all the tune options and thought I would like the MPT the best (even though the Goosetuned had a lot of positive reviews and happy customers) -
thanks again for the replies.

White raptor

Reaction score
I have an MPT tune on my truck too. I actually thought the 93PRX was potent but a little too twitchy for every day. I also thought I heard a little detonation when carrying any substantial load in the truck and was too heavy on the throttle. I went down to the 91 PRX and never even consider how much I’m carrying or how much I’m in the pedal. Hope that helps.

Wild Card

Reaction score
I have had the MPT Tune in my 2018 for the past two years, 30,000 miles. I primarily use the 93PRX for daily use and the 91 Tow Tune for towing my 22 ft. Bay Boat and my Polaris Ranger. I too did a bunch of research and MPT is a solid. You’ll be happy.

One note...my buddy (foolishly) towed a four place, 22 ft. Enclosed snowmobile trailer loaded up into the mountains on I-95 at over 90 mph for hours with his 93 PRX tune in! He cooked his turbos. Be sure to switch your tunes if you’re going to tow anything more than a small utility trailer. It’s not worth the risk. My buddies’ case was extreme but it does happen. And although not morally right, he downloaded his stock tune, sent the truck to the dealer and they warranted the turbos.

Wild Card

Reaction score
Yes. If you're towing it's best to use "Tow Mode" on your shift lever. It changes the way the torque converter locks up and the shift points of the transmission.

Wild Card

Reaction score
K223...the button for "Tow Mode" on a Raptor is on the lower left side of the shifter shaft below the handle It's not part of the Modes portion under the right thumb on the steering wheel.