MPT Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just an update. I originally posted this in the Gen 1 section so I started a new one here.

I'm very happy with the guys at MPT. Got the module ( forgot the name) and walked through uploading the stock file. I had my tunes in a day. I went with the 93 PRX with trans, 93 w/o trans and 91 tow. I uploaded the 93 PRX with trans and have to say it is like night and day. Very happy so far.. Any other recommendations for performance. Thanks Vic

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get free updates?
I have an MPT setup on the way. Excited to try it.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused on what to purchase on the MPT site. Under Raptor, there are choices for MPT Tunes or Tuners & Engine Management. Under MPT Tunes, for $300 you get 3 tunes and I'm not sure if an NGAUGE is included. Under Tuners and Engine Management, for $699.99 you get an NGAUGE and Digital Gauges with 3 tunes.

OK, I found the "What's included" link so I see the first one is just tunes and the more expensive is the tunes plus NGAUGE and cable, SD card, etc.

Like OP, I'll probably get the 93 PRX with Trans, 93 PRX without Trans and ???. I don't tow so not sure what else to get. Anyone get Adaptive Any Octane when they travel to a place where 93 isn't available or do you just tune to your stock file?

Do you NEED the 170 thermostat. I'm sure its better with the 170 but I'd rather leave the thermostat stock.

Finally, before taking the truck back to the dealer, after flashing back to your "STOCK" tune, can you take it right back or do you have to drive a minimum number of miles first?

MPT ever have discounts? Labor day discount?

Thanks.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the 91 tune in case I was traveling and they did not offer 93. I don’t run a 170 stat and would guess most don’t. Not sure flashing back to stock matters as far as time goes as they will see the flash if they look. And MPT gave me a forum discount.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does one take advantage of it, or if there is a FRF discount code, post it plz. Hurry, before I change my mind. :D

It should be up this Labor Day according to the rep I spoke with on the phone. Not sure if that meant Labor Day weekend or on Monday or? Ill be keeping an eye out and will post up accordingly. I am definitely getting one!!!! My truck is being delivered in 20 minutes!!

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I see the discount live now at MPT. Was hoping for 10% but 5% is better than 0%