Mpt tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnyo33

Reaction score
I just received my tune from mpt tunes and wow what a difference it makes. I have a 2020 and decided I wanted some more power and better shifting. So I decided to go for it. I went with the PR-X Tune - Available for 93. I ordered the tuner and 3 days after I received the unit they sent the tune. It took about 10 mins to upload the tune and I was off and running. In sport mode the truck is an absolute beast, literally will throw you back in your seat. I don't have any dyno runs or any info like that. The guys are great at mpt, very informative before you buy. I just wanted to give them a mention. If you're on the fence, don't be. You won't regret it.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You made a good choice and you are absolutely correct. My 93 PRX is so strong in just normal mode that I never even have much need to use sport. Sport is just sick! My trans shifts so smooth and quick along with nice downshifts.

Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you load them with the nGauge tuner or Lund RTD tuner? Are both of them able to save your stock file(s) and load thrm back later?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my tune from mpt tunes and wow what a difference it makes. I have a 2020 and decided I wanted some more power and better shifting. So I decided to go for it. I went with the PR-X Tune - Available for 93. I ordered the tuner and 3 days after I received the unit they sent the tune. It took about 10 mins to upload the tune and I was off and running. In sport mode the truck is an absolute beast, literally will throw you back in your seat. I don't have any dyno runs or any info like that. The guys are great at mpt, very informative before you buy. I just wanted to give them a mention. If you're on the fence, don't be. You won't regret it.

Same experience for me as well.... love that you can modify the tune for 60 days free. I ended up having them dial back the throttle response just a little... it was a little too jumpy for me off the line. Otherwise, I am loving the PRx93 tune. The transmission strategy is amazing and is always where you want it to be. Normal is great and sport... WOW.