MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made sure to note that I did my own “adjustments” to the Cobb tune using the Cobb Accesstuner software. That said, the Cobb Stage 2 93 map runs more boost and timing. The trans tuning shifts super quick with zero harsh impacts up or down. In pure street trim with spare tire, folding bed cover, and all my “stuff” in it, the truck runs 1/2 second quicker and 5mph faster in the 1/4 mile. I would call that “better” in every way...

I would too...
And thanks for your input.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the MPT tune more suitable for US topography & climate?
I am in the UAE where it is sea level altitude and summers are very hot.
Temps are between 113f and 130 f. Pretty humid as well.

Considering my factors, will or does MPT need to fine tune my mapping?

Thank you

evan9r

Reaction score
The dealership replaced my cam phasers and had to reflash my ECM at 59k. So this meant I had to buy the reprogramming from MPT for $50. But it was totally worth it. They said they had some updates that I would probably like and so far I agree. It seems to have a little more power all over but the biggest improvement to me is the shifting program. It shifts the way it should have come from the factory. No more dropped shifts or clunky 1-2 shifts. I’m loving it!

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quirk that has developed. '18 with PRX93 tune 40k miles, ran SP542 plugs now the second set of plugs is the superceded 542/578.

In the past I got an occasional CEL P00018 cam position error and the truck would idle rough and lose power - like a limp home mode. It has gotten more frequent now - couple times per week vs maybe couple times a year. If I search codes with the N-gauge it will show 2-4 codes, I reset on the fly and the truck runs normal again. Seems to occur when hot idling or slow rush hour traffic, never at speed.

Now funny thing is if my gauges are running I notice the knock sensor stays at 0.0 when this occurs - like knock sensor data has been lost and the truck limps. As soon as I reset the codes even while driving the sensor data is restored.

Any ideas?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a quirk that has developed. '18 with PRX93 tune 40k miles, ran SP542 plugs now the second set of plugs is the superceded 542/578.

In the past I got an occasional CEL P00018 cam position error and the truck would idle rough and lose power - like a limp home mode. It has gotten more frequent now - couple times per week vs maybe couple times a year. If I search codes with the N-gauge it will show 2-4 codes, I reset on the fly and the truck runs normal again. Seems to occur when hot idling or slow rush hour traffic, never at speed.

Now funny thing is if my gauges are running I notice the knock sensor stays at 0.0 when this occurs - like knock sensor data has been lost and the truck limps. As soon as I reset the codes even while driving the sensor data is restored.

Any ideas?
can phasers went **** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

evan9r

Reaction score
Well I spoke too soon..Im having issues with a very hard 1-2 shift on occasion. No other gears do this. And its not all the time. Would this be a programming issue or mechanical issue?

Wondering if I should ask for a PRX with stock transmission tune or maybe a PRX with the stock tow tune?

Romans9

Reaction score
Well I spoke too soon..Im having issues with a very hard 1-2 shift on occasion. No other gears do this. And its not all the time. Would this be a programming issue or mechanical issue?

Wondering if I should ask for a PRX with stock transmission tune or maybe a PRX with the stock tow tune?
Have you mentioned it to MPT? They're very helpful.