MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2017 Raptor with an MPT tune and currently own a 2019 Raptor with the MPT tune. I ordered the 93PRX with stock transmission, a 91 Tow tune with stock transmission, and their 93PRX with trans tuning. For me, their transmission callibration does what it is supposed to and keeps the RPMs in a better zone for performance, but I like the lower shift points of the stock callibration, so I run the 93PRX with stock transmission for daily driving. I originally had an issue with what I will refer to as extra slip (Others have also had this issue which I believe is caused by the extra torgue created by the tune. The problem exists in stock form, but is just magnified with the extra power created by a tune.) where the RPMs would rise with a downshift from 10th gear to 9th gear (the RPM rise is as expected and I only use the shift from 10th to 9th as an example), but the RPMs would then go down while still in 9th gear and accelerating. I now have a tune from MPT which has gladly fixed that issue and works reallllllly well. The RPMs will rise with a downshift and then climb from that point until the truck shifts into a higher gear at which point they drop.

While MPT fixed the slip issue that I describe above, it appears that they did it by limiting the amount of torque. Is this transmission unable to handle any extra torque without causing slip? I would like to have all of the torque possible without the transmission slipping. Are there other settings that can be adjusted to handle the extra torque?

evan9r

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The 1-2 shift can hang especially when cold, then it gets confused with light throttle application in the 1-2-3 range. Usually happens in parking lots or in traffic with slow on/off throttle situations. The trans tune needs to be fixed. I will say if i put it in tow mode it shifts great.

I havent been able to data log it to show them where it does it. It seems to happen when the shifts are around 1800 RPM and Im guessing 5-10% throttle input? I wonder if this info would help them.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the tranny slippage with MPT V4? I just ordered the package from mpt today and wondering if the issues you guys mention have been sorted out by now.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have zero probs. Never have

Yep, I ran the MPT setup for ~40k miles and it worked great for me, no problems. I’m running the Cobb setup now and it is “better” in every way because I have tuned on it myself. Not that I would have anything negative to say about MPT though.

evan9r

Reaction score
So whats everyones favorite daily driver transmission tune? Stock with skip shift eliminated? I am thinking that is what I want with a slightly quicker tip in for downshifts.

Anyone run a 93 tow tune with stock transmission or tow transmission tune?

BendSprinter

Reaction score
I’m 91 prx summer (no 93 octane in NW) and 91 performance tow in the winter months. I don’t like the skip shift so using tranny tune in both. I have a steep driveway and sometimes it tries to stick in 3 when not running the tune which has to be brutal on the tranny. I hate the week running up to any dealer visit. Going back to stock SUCKS.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I ran the MPT setup for ~40k miles and it worked great for me, no problems. I’m running the Cobb setup now and it is “better” in every way because I have tuned on it myself. Not that I would have anything negative to say about MPT though.

Can you please elaborate more on what do you mean "better" in every way?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you please elaborate more on what do you mean "better" in every way?

I made sure to note that I did my own “adjustments” to the Cobb tune using the Cobb Accesstuner software. That said, the Cobb Stage 2 93 map runs more boost and timing. The trans tuning shifts super quick with zero harsh impacts up or down. In pure street trim with spare tire, folding bed cover, and all my “stuff” in it, the truck runs 1/2 second quicker and 5mph faster in the 1/4 mile. I would call that “better” in every way...