MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evan9r

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced lazy shifting at certain throttle positions, more so at startup(but other times as well) and more so with a 1st to 2nd gear shift(but other gears as well)? It almost feels like it drops to neutral for a second because the RPMs rise slightly and the truck quits pulling. It generally happens when the transmission shifts at 1800-1900 RPM at very light throttle position. The truck did not do it without the tune and Im having a hard time logging the shifts to send to MPT. Other than that, I love the tune.

Romans9

Reaction score
Yes - in normal mode 1>2 does have a lazy feeling sometimes. I don't notice it as much beyond 2.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve experienced a hard up/down shift from 4-5. The shift only gets worse when I put it into sport mode. Also have experienced the lazy 1-2-3 stutter where it feels lost/unsure which gear to be in.

I’m thinking the transmission TSB might be worth having the dealer do as my truck was built before May of 18’.

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/...37470654-new-tsb-2018-10sp-tsb-18-2274-3-.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the MPT tune with or without the trans tune going into limp mode when sport mode is engaged? My truck runs great in normal mode, shifts fine etc. With the trans tune the shifts are a bit rough but nothing crazy. I learned though when I put it into sport the truck throws a CEL and has misfires and goes into limp mode every time. I took to dealer to look at the truck and they couldn't find any issues and without the tune sport mode works as it should no issues, load the tune and go to sport and misfires again and truck goes into limp mode. I talked to MPT and they blamed the spark plugs or coil packs which makes no sense since it is fine in normal mode tuned and fine in sport and normal mode when not tuned. I have lost some faith with MPT and thinking to try out Cobb as they have done great on my Porsches and GTRs. Can someone explain what happens when the truck goes into sport that would cause misfires? Thanks for any help.

lxu

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the MPT tune with or without the trans tune going into limp mode when sport mode is engaged? My truck runs great in normal mode, shifts fine etc. With the trans tune the shifts are a bit rough but nothing crazy. I learned though when I put it into sport the truck throws a CEL and has misfires and goes into limp mode every time. I took to dealer to look at the truck and they couldn't find any issues and without the tune sport mode works as it should no issues, load the tune and go to sport and misfires again and truck goes into limp mode. I talked to MPT and they blamed the spark plugs or coil packs which makes no sense since it is fine in normal mode tuned and fine in sport and normal mode when not tuned. I have lost some faith with MPT and thinking to try out Cobb as they have done great on my Porsches and GTRs. Can someone explain what happens when the truck goes into sport that would cause misfires? Thanks for any help.
Go with Cobb.. and get a custom pro tuner check out GooseTuned thank me later

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

funk74

Reaction score
Anyone with any recent experience with a 2019 Stock raptor and the MPT tunes. Looks like they have a small deal for July 4th. Thinking of jumping in on that.

Also which 3 (or more) tunes are most of you guys picking and any advantages/disadvantages of any of them. I have a costco nearby that has both 93 and 87 octane available.

Thanks.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with any recent experience with a 2019 Stock raptor and the MPT tunes. Looks like they have a small deal for July 4th. Thinking of jumping in on that.

Also which 3 (or more) tunes are most of you guys picking and any advantages/disadvantages of any of them. I have a costco nearby that has both 93 and 87 octane available.

Thanks.
I have an 18’ but I went with the 93 pro with and without the transmission change and the tow tune.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
I had a 2017 Raptor with an MPT tune and currently own a 2019 Raptor with the MPT tune. I ordered the 93PRX with stock transmission, a 91 Tow tune with stock transmission, and their 93PRX with trans tuning. For me, their transmission callibration does what it is supposed to and keeps the RPMs in a better zone for performance, but I like the lower shift points of the stock callibration, so I run the 93PRX with stock transmission for daily driving. I originally had an issue with what I will refer to as extra slip (Others have also had this issue which I believe is caused by the extra torgue created by the tune. The problem exists in stock form, but is just magnified with the extra power created by a tune.) where the RPMs would rise with a downshift from 10th gear to 9th gear (the RPM rise is as expected and I only use the shift from 10th to 9th as an example), but the RPMs would then go down while still in 9th gear and accelerating. I now have a tune from MPT which has gladly fixed that issue and works reallllllly well. The RPMs will rise with a downshift and then climb from that point until the truck shifts into a higher gear at which point they drop.

Last edited:

srad711

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced lazy shifting at certain throttle positions, more so at startup(but other times as well) and more so with a 1st to 2nd gear shift(but other gears as well)? It almost feels like it drops to neutral for a second because the RPMs rise slightly and the truck quits pulling. It generally happens when the transmission shifts at 1800-1900 RPM at very light throttle position. The truck did not do it without the tune and Im having a hard time logging the shifts to send to MPT. Other than that, I love the tune.

I have the same problem. The 1-2 shift can hang especially when cold, then it gets confused with light throttle application in the 1-2-3 range. Usually happens in parking lots or in traffic with slow on/off throttle situations. The trans tune needs to be fixed. I will say if i put it in tow mode it shifts great.