MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That ****** me off. I just took my truck in to get recalls done and specifically mentioned the transmission hard shifting and dabs delays that almost render sport mode worthless. The said there was noting more current. I’ll uave to look but bet my truck built close to then as I bought it in December 2017. Mine is noticeably more rough than a couple buddies raptors as well as the one I drive at assault. Perhaps I need to push harder and or on a different dealer. Really sucks too because as soon as I left the dealer I came home and installed flash tune.

PM me your vin and I'll run it for build date

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you list these Concerns, so that we can walk in their and then should have no problem getting the update without allot of hassle--thanks
Can you post the TSB, or the Number as well
Mine developed a hard downshift into third gear which they confirmed and then updated the tcm. I've been really happy with my dealer when it comes to concerns that I've brought them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Raptor-FTW

Reaction score
I had always felt the shift patterns on my truck seemed a bit "off" or indecisive at low gears. I chalked it up to having mostly driven a manual for years and/or the 10speed being different than any other auto transmission I'd expereinced. After reading online about the allegedly transmission issues, I specifically brought up TSB 10R80 (https://ford.oemdtc.com/TSB/18-2079.pdf) while I had at the dealer for other warranty work. Their diagnostics agreed with my theory and it its TCM flashed to current code. Since then, I've had a noticeable improvement in the shift pattern. Just wish I had done this sooner.

Raptor-FTW

Reaction score
Does forscan have the ability to check what version is currently loaded to the TCM?
Haven't messed around in Forscan much since I made my selected mods, but I seem to recall the TCM version is exposed there if you wanted to use it to verify what version you have.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't messed around in Forscan much since I made my selected mods, but I seem to recall the TCM version is exposed there if you wanted to use it to verify what version you have.

You are correct, it does show the TCM strategy.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IF you get a bad tank of gas try using weather mode. Looks like it "detunes" things so it should give you a better chance of burning it to 1/2 a tank so you can try and get your octane up

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the HP and TQ difference is between the 91 prx vs 93 prx tunes?