MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day 2 with the latest Version. Normal Mode holds all the right gears at the appropriate speeds. Shifts are smooth and linear. Finally got around to testing Sport Mode this evening. WOW!!!!! The biggest improvement here is the shifting. It finally feels like a mode that you can drive in everyday traffic all the time. Shifts are on point and smooth under normal acceleration, and its simply a beast under hard acceleration. If you have the original MPT tune V1 or V2, upgrade immediately to the latest version. Unless something goes tragically wrong, I'm done bothering the guys at MPT...Mike was very quick to respond to all of my request. Great customer service.

Just put it in Sport, 4a, with the traction control still on at the airport where I fly. 25 Degree's, Concrete surface, Pedal to the floor from a stand still, truck barked all four tires through the first three gears.

Last edited:

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
Im running the 91PRX due to 91 max octane available. Night and day difference over stock. Here is an honest question: I filmed several WOT standstill starts in 60 degrees on asphalt with traction off and I don't even get the slightest bit of wheel spin much less barking 2nd or 3rd. I know the 93PRX is only a few HP greater but I keep hearing about everybody shredding their tires but I can't even get them to bark. When I try 4A there is even less of a chance. My truck has 2k miles and tires are stock and very fresh. Will reach out to MPT but just wanted some feedback from you guys. Thanks.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running the 91PRX due to 91 max octane available. Night and day difference over stock. Here is an honest question: I filmed several WOT standstill starts in 60 degrees on asphalt with traction off and I don't even get the slightest bit of wheel spin much less barking 2nd or 3rd. I know the 93PRX is only a few HP greater but I keep hearing about everybody shredding their tires but I can't even get them to bark. When I try 4A there is even less of a chance. My truck has 2k miles and tires are stock and very fresh. Will reach out to MPT but just wanted some feedback from you guys. Thanks.

The guy above was launching it in 25* degree temps. Stock it would probably do that too lol

The tires when cold have no traction, the asphalt is cold, and the intake air temps are super low.

With my Whipple tune I spun my 37s in 4A through first gear in 85* temps here in SoCal.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can spin my tires pretty good with the 91PRX tune in AZ. This tune is awesome. The truck really is so much better. Might need to power brake to spool up the turbos a bit to do a good burnout. 75 degrees here.

I would love to line up next to one of those Livernois tuned trucks.

Drag racing a raptor again I know....

Fine lets line them up at the sand drags!

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
I can spin my tires pretty good with the 91PRX tune in AZ. This tune is awesome. The truck really is so much better. Might need to power brake to spool up the turbos a bit to do a good burnout. 75 degrees here.

I would love to line up next to one of those Livernois tuned trucks.

Drag racing a raptor again I know....

Fine lets line them up at the sand drags!

Thanks, are you saying if you just floor it from zero it will break loose? I almost get a little lag/hesitation and then it revs quickly. I can power brake and mildly break loose with a spool but from zero i get nothing, unless around a corner but thats due to weight distributions, and tractions, etc.. Truck is much more responsive than stock, just not getting these zero speed wheel spin others describe.

here is a short clip: https://youtu.be/Hw9uIZ50Row

after watching the clip I think I barked 2nd and maybe even 3rd. Nothing off the line though.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy above was launching it in 25* degree temps. Stock it would probably do that too lol

The tires when cold have no traction, the asphalt is cold, and the intake air temps are super low.

With my Whipple tune I spun my 37s in 4A through first gear in 85* temps here in SoCal.

Exactly this!!! That's why I posted the temp, because it is directly attributed to this and the concrete. I do not/would not expect the same result on a warm day.

Not to mention, I actually prefer it to hook up and not spin at all.

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Installed my 91PRX today and removed my chipwerke and PC

Normal mode is SOOOOO much better. I can actually drive in it now and enjoy it.

Sport is impressive. I cannot say i chirp of the line but if i turn slightly i can chirp 1-3 gears. So sortof depends on a lot of factors.

What i can say is that this is definitively better than the chipwerke / PC combo. In all areas.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all

Installed my 91PRX today and removed my chipwerke and PC

Normal mode is SOOOOO much better. I can actually drive in it now and enjoy it.

Sport is impressive. I cannot say i chirp of the line but if i turn slightly i can chirp 1-3 gears. So sortof depends on a lot of factors.

What i can say is that this is definitively better than the chipwerke / PC combo. In all areas.

Oh yeah, a real tune is MUCH better than the chipwerke and PC combo.. I had that before finally going with a tune.

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So odd thing today Not even sure its related tio MPT tune

2 hours into a 3 hour drive, in sport mode on freeway using adaptive cruise at about 75 mph

I get this warning "terrain system management fault"

and everything goes to shit. Truck basically goes into some sortof limp mode. I pull over turn off truck and turn it back on. Same error.

Did it again let it sit restart same issue.

Drive for a mile and revs are high, its herky jerky and wont go over 60 mph.

pull over again turn truck off attach nGuage with a plan to clear error and return to stock.

Diagnostics DO NOT detect an error. When i try and flash to the stock file it says "wrong file" which is impossible.

Not sure what to do i disconnect the battery and let it sit restart and everything is fine

rest of the 1 hour drive uneventful.

Ideas?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So odd thing today Not even sure its related tio MPT tune

2 hours into a 3 hour drive, in sport mode on freeway using adaptive cruise at about 75 mph

I get this warning "terrain system management fault"

and everything goes to shit. Truck basically goes into some sortof limp mode. I pull over turn off truck and turn it back on. Same error.

Did it again let it sit restart same issue.

Drive for a mile and revs are high, its herky jerky and wont go over 60 mph.

pull over again turn truck off attach nGuage with a plan to clear error and return to stock.

Diagnostics DO NOT detect an error. When i try and flash to the stock file it says "wrong file" which is impossible.

Not sure what to do i disconnect the battery and let it sit restart and everything is fine

rest of the 1 hour drive uneventful.

Ideas?

See my post on removing my Pedal Commander from yesterday, Pedal Commander and Wrench/Christmas Tree of Lights. You probably have a loose/not 100% secure connection when you plugged back in your accelerator wiring after removing the PC.

Last edited: