MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question on the MPT tune updates. Do you get notified if a tune has been updated or is it just up to you to contact them and ask? I seen where it says updated tunes for life, but i was wondering if you have to contact them or they push them out to their customers automatically.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will call about the updated tune also. I’m happy with current tune but 1st and 2nd could stand to be alittle calmer.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they charge a small fee for updates?

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original poster of this forum should have been more clear on the MPT updates. There is no version 4, he has been working with calibrator and this is his 4th revision. If you are happy than nothing needs to be done, but you can inquire slight changes based on driving preferences.

MPT is top notch with customer service and im sure they were flooded with calls due to this post.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it’s my fault.

It wasn’t a driving preference change, however. I noticed stiff shifting in cold weather. Uncomfortably stiff.

They had a tune refinement from recent trucks that they’ve tuned that they applied to mine and yes it is just that much better both in cold and warm weather. It’s incredible.

I’ve not had multiple iterations of tunes. I have the original and then the original with wrench code deleted for my CAI. That’s it. When I was sent one called version 4... I assumed that was the current tune revision.

They are awesome and awesome to work with and I absolutely got them swamped I’m sure. My mistake certainly.

The original poster of this forum should have been more clear on the MPT updates. There is no version 4, he has been working with calibrator and this is his 4th revision. If you are happy than nothing needs to be done, but you can inquire slight changes based on driving preferences.

MPT is top notch with customer service and im sure they were flooded with calls due to this post.

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
Yeah each refinement is sequential and specific to the user. I’m on version 3 for example...each version is free for at least 60 days and they are very responsive to user input.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the update Guy, even if there was some confusion. MPT sent me the latest version and it is the way I would custom order it if I could have. Great update!

naamanf

Reaction score
Also now on the latest version which is close to what Guy has. Wouldn't exactly call it butter, but so far the shifts in the lower gears seem to be a lot smoother. They were so bad on downshifts sometimes I could swear someone rear ended me.

I really wish Ford/GM would have just farmed out the transmission to ZF.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also now on the latest version which is close to what Guy has. Wouldn't exactly call it butter, but so far the shifts in the lower gears seem to be a lot smoother. They were so bad on downshifts sometimes I could swear someone rear ended me.

I really wish Ford/GM would have just farmed out the transmission to ZF.

I'm used to fast shifting dual clutch setups in my other cars, and I'm really impressed with the 10 spd slushbox of the Gen2. It's very quick and shifts perfectly to me since my Whipple tune. I'd assume they are similar in trans tuning? Either way stock was a little too soft and slushy to me, and now it's pretty damn impressive for a standard auto trans., In my opinion.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you.

The transmission works very well after it’s tuned. The hardware is excellent. The factory software was terrible.

MPT was shifting a little too fast and too hard when it turned cold. They smoothed that out for me.

It shifts almost too fast. Just pop pop pop.

QUOTE=kpg81;1236380]I'm used to fast shifting dual clutch setups in my other cars, and I'm really impressed with the 10 spd slushbox of the Gen2. It's very quick and shifts perfectly to me since my Whipple tune. I'd assume they are similar in trans tuning? Either way stock was a little too soft and slushy to me, and now it's pretty damn impressive for a standard auto trans., In my opinion.[/QUOTE]