MPT questions after first 500 mile trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen this. So my first trip to Knoxville ( so 500 miles round-trip). All was great with the 93 PRX and trans tune. Averaged 21.6 MPG. on the way home in the express lanes I was running about 90 and just let off the gas to get off the exit and it felt like someone rear end me? it hasn't happened again, but just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Also another strange thing. The collision warning ( red light on the dash flashing and the cluster saying collision) has never happened. But it has twice since adding the MPT tune?

Not complaining at all. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks,

Vic

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Mine does it every once in a blue moon. Coming off the highway, seemingly after coasting for a while, it will slam into some random gear. It's part of the Raptor mystique.

Not tuned, fyi.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a transmission or drivetrain issue. I have been driving with the MPT 93 PRX for more than a year and I have never experienced what you described. I have done several 500+ miles trips in mine and 90+ MPH is not unusual for me on long stretches of deserted Texas highways.

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it every once in a blue moon. Coming off the highway, seemingly after coasting for a while, it will slam into some random gear. It's part of the Raptor mystique.

Not tuned, fyi.

We've seen this with a few trucks untuned. We had a 2019 roll into our shop straight off a dealership that on the ride over to us attempted a 10 to 1 downshift.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen this. So my first trip to Knoxville ( so 500 miles round-trip). All was great with the 93 PRX and trans tune. Averaged 21.6 MPG. on the way home in the express lanes I was running about 90 and just let off the gas to get off the exit and it felt like someone rear end me? it hasn't happened again, but just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Also another strange thing. The collision warning ( red light on the dash flashing and the cluster saying collision) has never happened. But it has twice since adding the MPT tune?

Thanks,

Vic
I’ve had the ACC freak out on me a few times when someone pulls in front of me and I am changing lanes and accelerating. It feels like a big thunk, I think it’s me hitting the gas at the same time the ACC is trying to slow down to keep the spacing.

I’ve started not using cruise control when in “dense” traffic as it just hunts too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

Vic

I've had this happen to me twice since getting my 2017 a year ago.
Both times without my current mpt tune.

The first time it was mild.

The second time it was so loud and the jolt so colossal I thought another large car rammed into me. Yes, I intentionally chose the words colossal and rammed.

It happens when I either floor it from 10th gear or when I down shift manually during some spirited driving.

But these two (or 3 incidents) were during the first could of months.
Hasn't happened again.
Either Ford updated something during a service or the car learned my driving traits.

21.6 at 90..... hahaha ok

Why, I get 21.5 to 22.5 mpg while cruising at 87 mph.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen that kinda mpg with a 93 prx, specifically over 20mpg and speeds over 70