MPG/Roadtrip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winter fuel will get you every time. But keep in mind you’re going up and down some decent hills over there too. Any time the boost gauge pipes up the fuel gauge slips down. Is what it is. If you were cruising flat land out west at 68-70 MPH, you’d notice a substantial difference.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you load your vehicle up (including humans) you should adjust your tire pressure so the tire makes a flat contact on the road and this will increase your gas mileage. I notice the gen 2's owners like their tire pressure a lot lower than gen 1 owners because they like the softer ride, but that hurts your gas mileage, just saying. I mean the pro is your latte won't spill as easy. Just some useless advice.
I run 34 when empty and 40 ( on the rear) when loaded with my C range tires. When I’m running E range tires I have a 12-15 lb difference in air or from loaded to empty.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably OK, certainly not low enough to think anything is wrong. I just did about 3300 along the West Coast and was just a hair over 18 hand calculated, traveling solo. Mostly (but not exclusively) on US and state highways rather than the i-states, so that can make a difference. But it does include the in-town driving along the way, and exploring around Death Valley.