MPG/Roadtrip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dprdmd

Reaction score
I have a 2020 SCREW with 25,000 miles. It runs great. No issues. Stock, not tuned.
Just did 400 miles today roundtrip from Allentown, PA to Syracuse, NY and back again. I reset the trip computer each way. It is all highway with some moderate elevation changes. Highway speed was between 65 and 70 mph the entire time. There were three people in the truck. MPG was 16.7 both ways. Does that seem low? Or normal? 93 octane gas. Thanks for the input.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it sounds about right. I usually get around 15 on long distance road trips. However, our speed limit is 80 which means I’m ding 85

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 SCREW with 25,000 miles. It runs great. No issues. Stock, not tuned.
Just did 400 miles today roundtrip from Allentown, PA to Syracuse, NY and back again. I reset the trip computer each way. It is all highway with some moderate elevation changes. Highway speed was between 65 and 70 mph the entire time. There were three people in the truck. MPG was 16.7 both ways. Does that seem low? Or normal? 93 octane gas. Thanks for the input.
I do about that with adaptive cruise on. And about 18.2 with just cruise set. 2018 at 112k on the OD.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, 16+ is very good. I always drive at 75 to 80 mph on trips and I get anywhere from ~14 to 16+, depending on which direction I’m headed and load weight. I live at sea-level on the east coast and drive west to OKC, OK and to Omaha, NE. Going west the mileage is much lower as it’s mostly uphill across the mountains and the prevailing winds are from the west at 25-50 mph past the mountainous areas.

My last trip to Omaha was in December, loaded with wife, dogs, two weeks of clothes, etc. along with the covered truck bed packed with daughters belongings from attic storage. Headed west with a full tank of E50 it got ~9-10 mpg! After running out the E50 I switched to 93 tune and it picked up to 12-13+.

Coming back two weeks later on 93, it was back to 15-16+

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is in that range as well...Usually a little better at your speeds, and slightly worse at the higher speeds I tend to drive on the interstate. Mine is running with a bunch of mods too, including an AP GooseTuned 93 Oct + Water/Methanol Injection(93 Octane Top Tier fuel and ~65/35 mix of Water to Methanol)…Mileage stays pretty consistent as long as the foot stays relatively far from the floormat :)

DC

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you load your vehicle up (including humans) you should adjust your tire pressure so the tire makes a flat contact on the road and this will increase your gas mileage. I notice the gen 2's owners like their tire pressure a lot lower than gen 1 owners because they like the softer ride, but that hurts your gas mileage, just saying. I mean the pro is your latte won't spill as easy. Just some useless advice.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a test much like yours on a 289 highway trip that I have made 100 times in different F-150’s. I used the raptor menu to view boost/vacuum and how it compared to mpg. Yes boost drops mpg but how does 1-3 lbs vs 4-6. These F-150’s nosedive in mpg once you hit 70+.

Same mpg and I will add that I get better mpg when it is 100% Dino juice vs Dino/corn blend. Unfortunately Midwest forces you to 10% corn at almost every station. Very few have no ethanol