Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Moving- Where the Michigan Raptors at?!?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Cowpoke, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Cowpoke

Cowpoke Full Access Member

ABEF9C97-09ED-40FD-A18D-D6CD91C133D0.jpeg Re-post to hopefully the right section. Good afternoon! It’s official we are moving from Tennessee to Michigan for work. The move will start in June. The family is excited but the Raptor is secretly pumped for the many off-road opportunities to come.

Please fill me in- I have heard about Silver Lake, Drummond, and the Snowball.

What are the cannot miss events, rallies, etc. that I must sign up for in 2022 and what should/can I attend this fall? What are some good spots close to Plymouth, Northville or Royal Oak areas. That is primarily where we are looking for housing.

Also any good off-road shops near Detroit you all trust?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. Big Blue

Big Blue Administrator Staff Member Admin Supporting Member

From a purely off-roading standpoint, MI is an awesome State. Thousands of miles of ORV trails, Silver Lake Sand Dunes (One of my favorite Raptor places) and in the winter, Snoball. I haven't been to Drummond Island, but heard that's great too. Registration for Snoball usually begins in the fall and it takes place in January. There is an Upcoming Expeditions section here so you should check that out periodically. Snoball is run by GLRE (Great Lakes Raptor Events) and they are also on Facebook.

Rousch is in Detroit, they are one of the best around.

Good luck with the move.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/forums/upcoming-expedition-announcements-and-planning.113/

Cowpoke likes this.
  3. Cowpoke

Thank you for the information. Really excited about the move!

Good to know, Silver Lake looks amazing and appreciate the lead time on Snoball. Still have a few mods to go to be event ready. Rear Chase lights, communications, spare tire in bed, etc.

Thanks for the link to the thread as I am not on Facebook.

Being that close to Roush will be a problem. Supercharger might make the list of future mods.

Big Blue likes this.
  4. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Good luck on the move. You will find friends at Silver Lake Dunes, lots have posted on here about that place.

Cowpoke likes this.
  5. Cowpoke

Thanks appreciate the kind words! I need to research winter Raptor care and some other snowy items as my Wife and I have never lived in the North. The farthest north we have lived is either Stillwater, Oklahoma or Memphis, TN but they are pretty close to the same climate and winter harshness. We are screwed, lol!

6. Cowpoke

Thanks!

7. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

There are a couple threads on here about winter care for your Raptor if you drive it in the winter months. Protect the underside of it with a rust preventer and check your drain holes and factory tape on the rockers.

Cowpoke likes this.
  8. Cowpoke

Rust what is that? I have a lot of homework to do. My raptor is a daily driver so it will need all of the love and care I can provide. I will deep dive into the FRF database. Thanks for the tips on where to start.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  9. Cowpoke

I hope so that place looks amazing and I am all for an overnight. I grew up in Oklahoma so Little Sahara has always held a special place in my heart. I however was always on a dirt-bike with paddles or otherwise. I am super excited to take the Raptor!

CoronaRaptor likes this.