Moving on from my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msw

Reaction score
So I have decided to take delivery of a F-150 Platinum I ordered a long time ago that has finally arrived. Luckily, it didn't get any features stripped. I love the Raptor, but came to slowly realize that I don't have any business owning it LOL. I don't off-road any whatsoever. Sure it looks cool and it's fun to drive, but completely illogical for me. I do way more towing, hauling, and long trips that something else just makes more sense. The Raptor was a passion purchase, not a logical one. Anyways, I've learned a lot in my short time on the forum. I never posted much, but read a ton.

Not sure if I'll trade it in on the Platinum (my state doesn't give any tax benefits for trading) or sell it. I won't list it here, but anyone can send me a DM if they want details on it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have decided to take delivery of a F-150 Platinum I ordered a long time ago that has finally arrived. Luckily, it didn't get any features stripped. I love the Raptor, but came to slowly realize that I don't have any business owning it LOL. I don't off-road any whatsoever. Sure it looks cool and it's fun to drive, but completely illogical for me. I do way more towing, hauling, and long trips that something else just makes more sense. The Raptor was a passion purchase, not a logical one. Anyways, I've learned a lot in my short time on the forum. I never posted much, but read a ton.

Not sure if I'll trade it in on the Platinum (my state doesn't give any tax benefits for trading) or sell it. I won't list it here, but anyone can send me a DM if they want details on it.
It's fun to be illogical every once in while. Cheers.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the story. I hope it sells well.

95% of the people on the forum also use their RAPTOR for Starbucks runs and its ok..you did the first thing and it was realizing that you were wasting the suspension by running over 3" curbs to get your frappa dappa doo with two pumps of caramel sploog.

Hugs.

OP
OP
M

msw

Reaction score
Thanks for the story. I hope it sells well.

95% of the people on the forum also use their RAPTOR for Starbucks runs and its ok..you did the first thing and it was realizing that you were wasting the suspension by running over 3" curbs to get your frappa dappa doo with two pumps of caramel sploog.

Hugs.
LOL, I'm not much of a Starbucks drinker, but point taken. I'll miss the Baja exhaust the most lol.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"

Sometimes suxs being a grown-up and making logical decisions. Congrats on the Platinum, and can always put Borla Atak exhaust on it... :)

OP
OP
M

msw

Reaction score
Sometimes suxs being a grown-up and making logical decisions. Congrats on the Platinum, and can always put Borla Atak exhaust on it... :)
Maybe one day I'll be rich enough to make all kinds of illogical decisions and own a Platinum, Raptor, GT500, Lightning, BMW M4 (for the wife)... lol
I'll have to look into the Borla exhaust, thanks for the idea!