Mountune for Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thor2j

Reaction score
Just got an email about Mountune having Raptor tune now. Huge fan of them. I have a focus RS that I did an etune and full b7 package, 14 revisions on the etune with Randy to get it just right. Will be much better then Cobb if you do an etune.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Just got an email about Mountune having Raptor tune now. Huge fan of them. I have a focus RS that I did an etune and full b7 package, 14 revisions on the etune with Randy to get it just right. Will be much better then Cobb if you do an etune.
What exactly makes them better than Cobb?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have a Mountune tune on my RS as well as their B3 package. Mountune uses the Cobb Accessport and they are both great companies with excellent and reliable reputations. Mountune will allow you unlimited datalogging updates/tweaks within the first 30 or 60 days (I can't remember which). However, Mountune has also grown quicker than their production/support can handle and both their service and parts backorder issues can be hit or miss at times.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their favorite flavor.

But without any supporting data, better than or less than is relatively meritless.

At this point Cobb is not the best. They make quality, well designed, well researched products. Cobb will be a quality time with quality bolt ones.

They don’t have TCM tuning yet which is 50 percent of the battle with this truck and the 10 speed transmission.

I am sure the platform, the customer service, the functionality of the access port is going to yield some excellent results over the years but they are just getting started.

At this time, nothing about their dyno plot jumps out at me. It’s the average amount of gain that other very good tuners are seeing. It’s certainly NOT any hotter than MPT and is probably closer to Whipple.

So before anyone jumps on any bandwagon, they need to look at the data in front of them.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their favorite flavor.

But without any supporting data, better than or less than is relatively meritless.

At this point Cobb is not the best. They make quality, well designed, well researched products. Cobb will be a quality time with quality bolt ones.

They don’t have TCM tuning yet which is 50 percent of the battle with this truck and the 10 speed transmission.

I am sure the platform, the customer service, the functionality of the access port is going to yield some excellent results over the years but they are just getting started.

At this time, nothing about their dyno plot jumps out at me. It’s the average amount of gain that other very good tuners are seeing. It’s certainly NOT any hotter than MPT and is probably closer to Whipple.

So before anyone jumps on any bandwagon, they need to look at the data in front of them.

He’s right you know!

TCM is extremely important, have to pay Cobb more for that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's hard to make that comparison since Mountune is techichally and e-tune that allows revisions to the tune. Cobb's initial offering will be OTS tunes from what I understand. However I think the better comparison would be a Cobb Pro Tune vs the Mountune.

OP
OP
T

Thor2j

Reaction score
Cobb tune for the Focus compared to Mountune was a joke. Once you add in the etune the difference was night and day.

I'm not sure mountune is etuning the raptor, dont see it mentioned. I do see a tune for 91 octane vs cobb at 93.

For those who dont know mountune is directly tied to Ford racing. They do some of the tunes sold as ford performance. They make their factory rally motors among other things.

Hopefully people realize theres a whole lot more to a tune then hp and tq, you want those things done safely.

pnoob2

Reaction score
are their scenarios where a e tune wont be a able to replicate vs a dyno tune and vise versa?