Mount nmo to bed cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Does anybody know the best way to mount an nmo antenna to a bed cover? The cover is ~1.5” thick and I can’t find a surface mount that would work. Ideally something that screws from top but passes the cable to the bed would be ideal.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think you will find one that will fit that thickness. also, the higher up the antenna, the better. might want to look into a 3rd brakelight antenna mount. you can get them with and without lights

billj214

Reaction score
Does anybody know the best way to mount an nmo antenna to a bed cover? The cover is ~1.5” thick and I can’t find a surface mount that would work. Ideally something that screws from top but passes the cable to the bed would be ideal.

Not a good idea, the signal will be blocked by your cab and people in front wont hear you, the transmission path is very easily blocked. Best location is on your roof center of vehicle, I just drilled mine in the roof, grounded it and after signal test it's about perfect.

Comish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Along with line of sight issues, lack of grounding would manifest issues in different ways. As @billj214 said, the cab will tremendously cut off communications to anyone in front of you. You can mitigate this by installing towards the rear of the bed but now it will be an eyesore. They do make NMO's with long stem. I use them in communications requirements all the time. I hope this could help. Some links below.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...MIuO317YTw6wIVgobACh1eLADREAYYAyABEgLT5fD_BwE

https://mgs4u.com/product/9935-125/...obACh1eLADREAYYCCABEgKGLPD_BwE&v=7516fd43adaa