Motortrend 2023 Raptor R Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
"there's a two-wheel-drive mode for even more goofball shenanigans, if you dare. 2WD could be called the squirreliest setting—obvs—albeit if the squirrel in question could powerlift 2,000 pounds and had done time for attempted homicide. "

giphy (1) (4).gif

Last edited:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Impressive! Faster than the TRX as well to settle that debate. Nice work by Ford Performance.

It's awesome, I just cant wrap my head around the fact that I could have bought my 2018 801a Screw and added an 2018 800a scab to my purchase both at MSRP for less than this thing stickers for...and got another scab with what they are banging for the ADMs....

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's awesome, I just cant wrap my head around the fact that I could have bought my 2018 801a Screw and added an 2018 800a scab to my purchase both at MSRP for less than this thing stickers for...and got another scab with what they are banging for the ADMs....
Add it to the list of many other sought after niche/performance vehicles that get hefty markups, in my area? That’s most corvettes, all Z06’s, all Porsche cars (yup- even the cayenne), all bmw M cars, damn Toyota Supra & tundra, etc etc it’s not like Ford Raptor R is the only new vehicle getting universal markups.

The market dictates the price, & either it’ll soften up some for these or….quite possibly…it NEVER does, like the Ford GT

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive! Faster than the TRX as well to settle that debate. Nice work by Ford Performance.

More like it! I was holding off comments on the other posts. Give me a "PRODUCTION" or close to truck then compare side by side. 12.1 is flat out moving for a 6000 lb truck. Can't wait for my R to show up to compare directly with my Street R version.
My dealer let me know this morning that first two R's are now in production and could be any day or (year) when mine is built.