GEN 2 Motor Trend Review Raptor vs ZR2 vs Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Sasquatch77, Sasquatch77, Sasquatch77. The definition of an internet troll. Coming into this thread about a article you didnt read telling us how the v6 sucks and lost it for us. You said if only it had a V8 it would have won it all. If you read the article you would have known that the engine and transmission were their favorites of the 3, the best power train. You suck at trolling.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Sasquatch77, Sasquatch77, Sasquatch77. The definition of an internet troll. Coming into this thread about a article you didnt read telling us how the v6 sucks and lost it for us. You said if only it had a V8 it would have won it all. If you read the article you would have known that the engine and transmission were their favorites of the 3, the best power train. You suck at trolling.

He sucks at more than trolling..............

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The review, based on performance during their trip, sounds legit. It's not a direct real-world comparo but a review of their performance on the trip. Raptor should be king of high speed offroading, in the sand or the gravel.

I'll echo a few people in here and say sounds like they might have been running too much pressure. Killing a compressor trying to put 55psi in a tire? Come on.

However, pressures on the Raptor should have been correct when they received the truck from the review fleet. I don't recall MT saying they adjusted the pressures on the Raptor, but maybe they did. Most likely, if too much pressure in the tires was to blame, it's Ford's fault or whoever is running the press fleet's fault.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The review, based on performance during their trip, sounds legit. It's not a direct real-world comparo but a review of their performance on the trip. Raptor should be king of high speed offroading, in the sand or the gravel.

I'll echo a few people in here and say sounds like they might have been running too much pressure. Killing a compressor trying to put 55psi in a tire? Come on.

However, pressures on the Raptor should have been correct when they received the truck from the review fleet. I don't recall MT saying they adjusted the pressures on the Raptor, but maybe they did. Most likely, if too much pressure in the tires was to blame, it's Ford's fault or whoever is running the press fleet's fault.

I remember one of the video reviews mentioned the tire pressures were way too high on the demo truck they were given. I best most of these reviewers didn't even bother to check unless they intentionally aired down.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think high tire pressures just make the problem obvious. Lowering the pressure apparently helps but imo the underlying setup is wrong regardless.

Boosted1

Reaction score
Of the three trucks, which is highest in demand and most sought after?

Raptor - Nuff said

BETEPOK

Reaction score
People are justifying raptor's poor performance by looking at things such as tire pressure, aluminum... Could it be that it's just a poorly made truck?

DANACO

Reaction score
People are justifying raptor's poor performance by looking at things such as tire pressure, aluminum... Could it be that it's just a poorly made truck?

Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head, "it'sjust a poorly made truck" Your just brilliant my friend, smartest one on the forum.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yep, poorly made truck. That's why dealers are offering huge discounts just to get people to look at the truck. They can hardly give these things away. That and weep holes. Lots and lots of weep holes.