Motobuddy's perpetual audio build thread

Its looking like we are going to be going High out put 8 s under the what do you think?

• Skar ZVX8 x4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sundown X6.5 x6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we use audiomobile here at our shop as well.

a bit of advise though, the crossovers in the rear door are going to fail at some point. being so far towards the rear of the door panel exposes them to a heavy impact when the doors get shut. if you can move them, i would put them in the cab somewhere

OP
OP
Motobuddy

Motobuddy

Reaction score
we use audiomobile here at our shop as well.

a bit of advise though, the crossovers in the rear door are going to fail at some point. being so far towards the rear of the door panel exposes them to a heavy impact when the doors get shut. if you can move them, i would put them in the cab somewhere

I will look into moving them, I never really thought about it that way kinda looks like they are going to get beat to death by subs or doors. I know the factory wire will under perform but it was my attempt to get around drilling doors and chassis to run larger wire, let alone one set for mid and another for tweet. I have yet to see a good way to get it through factory molex connector.

I like the slap of higher SPL systems more than the cleaner sounds of a sealed box, and I'm definitely going under seat, getting the seat lift kit this week to free up some air space. The thing that has me thinking about buying a box made by someone else for the first time ever is if you have seen any of the stuff Gately is kicking out they are beautiful.
IMG_0824__43550.1551209274.jpg

I think I will make one attempt to recreate it then probably just pay the man.