Most popular Rim / Rubber combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is one nice looking setup. What wheel and tire size are you running?

They are actually OEM sizes. The wheels are 17s and the tires are 35X12.5X17. They look wider due to the offset of the Methods.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my rims today!

Attachments

• SAM_0131.jpg
    SAM_0131.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 85
  • SAM_0122.jpg
    SAM_0122.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 85

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
**** yeah!!!!!!!!! Made in the U.S.A, Justvettn and I are ******* Canadians and we still support Made in the U.S.A products... That means something!

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** yeah!!!!!!!!! Made in the U.S.A, Justvettn and I are ******* Canadians and we still support Made in the U.S.A products... That means something!

Aren't your import tariffs lower on American made products?
I like American stuff, but it's a global economy these days. I'm pretty sure the foreign content of the Raptor is considerable.

Edit*
I guess we should all drive a Toyota Camry if we want to support America.
The F150 has 75% domestic content;

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/camry-edges-out-f-150-for--most-american-.html

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aren't your import tariffs lower on American made products?
I like American stuff, but it's a global economy these days. I'm pretty sure the foreign content of the Raptor is considerable.

Yes you are correct, with free trade between Canada and the U.S. it is much easier and cheaper to import American over products from overseas.
Not sure what else is foreign on the Raptor besides the rims and stereo equipment.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the parts are made or assembled in Canada or Mexico I still consider that America.
MIBlog-FEATURED-licenseplate.jpg

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2013 raptors wheels

2010-2013 F-150 SVT RAPTOR BEAD-LOCK WHEEL

M-1007-DC1785*
are around 700$ made in china
too expensive to be made in china, methods are made in china and cheapers than stocks

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2013 raptors wheels

2010-2013 F-150 SVT RAPTOR BEAD-LOCK WHEEL

M-1007-DC1785*
are around 700$ made in china
too expensive to be made in china, methods are made in china and cheapers than stocks

Methods are cast, stock are forged.

Some of us have a hard time admiting it (myself included) but not all products made in China (asia) are junk, just like everything there are good and bad. I have had my fair share of crap made american prducts too, so don't think they are not out there.
I have the methods, and they are decen wheels, quality is pretty good, about average, finish is pretty good, mine had a couple of small blemishes on the sim-lock rings, but that was probably done in handling. The bolts that look so simlar to grade 8 hardware are actually jsut stamped MR, but they are not coroding yet in their defense, and they are jsut for looks. The centercaps are jsut cheap plastic, but I knew that. The paint looks pretty decent on them, however it is pretty thin, I have a few scratches aready with only a couple times taking them out in anger. All in all they are worth the 180$ or so bucks a piece you pay, nothing more though. They do look good though.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Methods are cast, stock are forged.

Some of us have a hard time admiting it (myself included) but not all products made in China (asia) are junk, just like everything there are good and bad. I have had my fair share of crap made american prducts too, so don't think they are not out there.
I have the methods, and they are decen wheels, quality is pretty good, about average, finish is pretty good, mine had a couple of small blemishes on the sim-lock rings, but that was probably done in handling. The bolts that look so simlar to grade 8 hardware are actually jsut stamped MR, but they are not coroding yet in their defense, and they are jsut for looks. The centercaps are jsut cheap plastic, but I knew that. The paint looks pretty decent on them, however it is pretty thin, I have a few scratches aready with only a couple times taking them out in anger. All in all they are worth the 180$ or so bucks a piece you pay, nothing more though. They do look good though.

Methods rims looks good but, the 2013 factory rims are average looking rims with a pretty hi price of 700$ each.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Where are the kmc xd desert bead locks made?
That is one of my options