GEN 2 Most efficient and effective way to get the 500 horses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 0-60 times I'd buy a different truck Shelby Super Snake, or TRX. Sounds like an identity crisis.
I was using 0 to 60 as a reference for the power I am looking for. I don’t drag race but, I want a little more and something I can take with me to the gen3( hopefully)

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t get stuck on a number. Try to find someone with a stage 2 tune that will give you a ride. A tune really wakes this truck up and if you need more the E-50 tune is amazing for a truck on 35’s
That’s a good idea. I need to find someone here in East Texas and take a ride.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was using 0 to 60 as a reference for the power I am looking for. I don’t drag race but, I want a little more and something I can take with me to the gen3( hopefully)
Gotcha, as others have mentioned, I would recommend Goosetune and FMIC, seems to please most people and there's a very noticeable performance improvement. I'm still stock engine as I don't have the cajones to blow my warranty yet, but have driven two trucks with Goosetune's and they are very very good.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with everyone else. For the numbers you seek you need: COBB stage 2 pack ($2k) - you get AP, Upgraded IC, CAI. Then you need e50 vs upgraded HPFP to run e85 + plus the cost of custom tunes for 91/93 and e50/e85 for the HPFP.

I run e85 all the time now and it's beyond delicious without the PIA of mixing down to e50. Gas mileage is atrocious but I'm looking for SPG's (smile per gallon) and not MPG's and e85 is $1.89 vs $3.89 for premium.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
500bhp? Tune alone easily gets you there, 500whp? Probably take lil more aggressive tune + turbo adapters + down pipes maybe throw in some **** for good measure & I’d imagine you’d be over 500whp

there’s tune-only trucks hitting 450+whp

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
500bhp? Tune alone easily gets you there, 500whp? Probably take lil more aggressive tune + turbo adapters + down pipes maybe throw in some **** for good measure & I’d imagine you’d be over 500whp

there’s tune-only trucks hitting 450+whp
Thanks. Yeah at the wheels