GEN 2 Most efficient and effective way to get the 500 horses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To stay under your $2k budget the Whipple Stage 1 kit is a no-brainer IMO. I installed mine in my driveway in a handful of hours and it's been rock solid for over 2 years. Whipple is good about quick updates via email if needed as well.

Edit: Definitely NOT 0-60 in 4, but noticeably quicker haha

ENUNC8

Reaction score
Whipple intercooler, air intake and program for gen2 - they build program from your VIN
did it on mine at 13k - I also installed SPD turbo plates and stainless dual exhaust
shows dyno at rear wheels...

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only downsides with the Whipple kit is being able to flash back to stock when you need to and the Whipple plaque keeps falling off my CAI leaving holes. Lol

Edit: I did have one of the first Whipple CAI Not that new one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a couple of customers run 3.8 0-60 and 12.1 (dragy) 1/4mi out of the stock turbos on E85.

At minimum you’ll need:

1. COBB Accessport w/E85 goosetune
2. Front Mount Intercooler upgrade
Could I achieve those numbers on 93?? Sounds like it is under 2k

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will not get there on pump gas. Stock turbos will do it but on e85, so you’ll need a Cobb AP, intercooler, HPFP, and tune at minimum.

If you wanna stick to your budget, you’ll be the quickest with a Cobb AP, intercooler, and Goose e50 tune which you can run on stock fueling.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t get stuck on a number. Try to find someone with a stage 2 tune that will give you a ride. A tune really wakes this truck up and if you need more the E-50 tune is amazing for a truck on 35’s

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 0-60 times I'd buy a different truck Shelby Super Snake, or TRX. Sounds like an identity crisis.