Most aggressive looking a/t tire but not M/t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay Bee

Reaction score
Id really like new tires and the best looking ones are always the M/t. Unfortunately they arent functional for midwest winters and I am not interested in the Duratracs. BFG AT3 look ok but the reviews arent that great. I thought about 2 sets on the lower end of the price range instead of something expensive like the Cooper STT's. . The Geolander m/ts are fairly cheap to couple with an A/t for the winter. I am assuming 2 sets is probably the right answer here. The KO2 and BFG AT3 just dont get the reviews I would like to see for a year round tire. More interested in the function but want the look of an M/t. Seems superficial but it is what it is. Dont need a raptor with Grandma tires.

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked out the Toyo R/Ts, Nitto Ridge Grappler or the new Recon Grappler? They are probably some of the most aggressive A/T tires.

OP
OP
J

Jay Bee

Reaction score
Have you checked out the Toyo R/Ts, Nitto Ridge Grappler or the new Recon Grappler? They are probably some of the most aggressive A/T tires.
Ill go with the Nitto Ridge I think (not just off your comment but I've been searching blogs for a week now, guess I got onto the right one finally that said ice and rain are fairly good to go for them. going from 34mm offset stock wheel to 0mm offset method d. standard going to be a huge issue? not interested in any mods to fix it

Bluto

Reaction score
As someone whose owned the ridge grapplers (which are basically rebranded toyo R/T) they perform horribly in the snow and ice. Like the worst I've ever had.
I am currently in the same situation, looking for an aggressive tire for a winter only tire. I think I'm going to end up with a studded Firestone destination M/T2, but that isn't what you're looking for. Just commenting to say I would never run those R/Ts in winter.

Kirkw

Reaction score
16229178608538273502196517610979.jpg16229178608538273502196517610979.jpgFalken Wildpeak ATW3. Bery happy on and off road with them. Pretty effective at crawling the mall too!

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Falken Wildpeak ATW3. While I don't currently have them on my Raptor, I did have them on my Tacoma and loved them. Very good performer in the rain and snow. They were also not too loud when dry.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Id really like new tires and the best looking ones are always the M/t. Unfortunately they arent functional for midwest winters
Legit. It’s really going to depend on a bunch of things. Can you afford a set of wheels too and can you store a spare set? If so, then go that route and keep your more aggressive tires for when it isn’t going to snow.
More interested in the function but want the look of an M/t. Seems superficial but it is what it is. Dont need a raptor with Grandma tires
Everything involves some form of compromise with tires. In south Texas, you’d figure I’d be safe from snow, sleet, ice, freezing rain and you’d be wrong. Who knew San Antonio would see in 2021
the coldest recorded temperature ever, most consecutive days below freezing, most days where the high temp didn’t make it above freezing, 2 of the top 10 highest snowfall accumulations ever
(and yet still less than 10% of the chaos of DC Metro). Even ... we’ll call them “vintage” KO2’s were a God send permitting at least some careful travel, and you know what was missing from the roads when they were in questionable condition?

Lifted / leveled super duty’s with negative offset wheels and massive M/T tires. Mostly SUV’s with grandma tires :)
Mickey Thompson ATZ p3
looks pretty solid
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T.
Looks promising here too.

Rain is a thing here, and I need tires that are great on the road too. I just picked up wheels / tires and went with the KO2’s, As time permits I’ll shod the OE wheels with something more mud oriented.