Morimoto XB or Raptor Retrofits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
I like them. It will stand out on my old blue. So far just have the front LED turns
This raises a question for me. I have a 2012, was it standard to have turn signals on the front of the mirror?
Mine don't blink, just the turn signal on the back side of the mirror blinks.
My amber bulb in the front headlight assembly blew and I was getting the fast blinker. Changed the bulb and I'm still getting fast blinker.

BTW Boricuaevo8, nice markers on the mirror, and I really like the tire and rim combo.
I'm changing out the tails (XB's) and have Morimoto smoked markers coming. The headlights are next, not sure if XB hybrids or Raptor Retro yet. But I need to add these turn signals on the mirror to the list. They look nice. Can you get them without the sequential? I'm not a fan of sequential.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This raises a question for me. I have a 2012, was it standard to have turn signals on the front of the mirror?
Mine don't blink, just the turn signal on the back side of the mirror blinks.
My amber bulb in the front headlight assembly blew and I was getting the fast blinker. Changed the bulb and I'm still getting fast blinker.

BTW Boricuaevo8, nice markers on the mirror, and I really like the tire and rim combo.
I'm changing out the tails (XB's) and have Morimoto smoked markers coming. The headlights are next, not sure if XB hybrids or Raptor Retro yet. But I need to add these turn signals on the mirror to the list. They look nice. Can you get them without the sequential? I'm not a fan of sequential.

Thanks, I like them; I love the tire combo; the Fuel's a nice look for the truck, and I love the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They're long-lasting and pretty quiet.

Mine's 2013, and a buddy of mine is 2014; those ambers do not work. They were for looks, hence why I wanted to upgrade. One of them peeled off and you could see the white back side. It looked terrible; these Morimoto front signals are well-made and feel like OEM.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Ok, so there are no turn signals on the front of the mirror?
They look nice.
So if I don't have lights on the front of the mirror, I need to order the front and back side mirror turn signals, correct?

I like the Morimoto 3rd brake/bed light from but I'd rather put the $200 into headlights. Previous owner put an aftermarket 3rd brakelight on my truck....it'll do for now.

Last edited:

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look nice.
So if I don't have lights on the front of the mirror, I need to order the front and back side mirror turn signals, correct?

I like the Morimoto 3rd brake/bed light from but I'd rather put the $200 into headlights. Previous owner put an aftermarket 3rd brakelight on my truck....it'll do for now.
Correct, the front part of the mirrors (orange) is not serviceable. They are easily removed with a flathead screwdriver.

If you order the Morimoto front and rear, it will be plug-and-play as the rear Morimoto has two separate plugs, one for the power and the other for the front led light. I hope that makes sense. I am adding a video as a reference. I love the 3rd brake/bed light as well. Morimoto does do the trade-in for the headlights, and I believe I will get $300 for sending my headlights back to them. There's an option to select for trade on their website.

I used this one Uncle Marks DIY he's very good at explaining how to remove the mirrors just notice you do not have to remove the mirrors and you can keep them hanging on the side.

Good luck

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They look nice.

No F-150 had signals on the front unless it was the max tow package, only on the back. These just replace the factory reflectors on the front of the mirrors. If you order the front and back it's plug and play.

If you have a cheapy aftermarket 3rd brake light I would highly suggest checking the sealing gasket. The cheap ones don't seal the cab well and let water in passed them. The Morimoto 3rd brake light is the one I'd buy if I didn't have the GJ Motorsports one with the Baja Designs lights.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Thanks Cody and Boricuaevo8. When I saw those front Morimoto signals, I was thinking the front of my stock mirror should be blinking. So I thought a bulb was out at first and giving me the fast blinking even after I changed turn signal bulb in the headlight. I've only had the truck a couple weeks so I'm figuring crap out. Thanks again. Now to figure out why I'm still getting fast blinking Left turn signal after replacing the bulb.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cody and Boricuaevo8. When I saw those front Morimoto signals, I was thinking the front of my stock mirror should be blinking. So I thought a bulb was out at first and giving me the fast blinking even after I changed turn signal bulb in the headlight. I've only had the truck a couple weeks so I'm figuring crap out. Thanks again. Now to figure out why I'm still getting fast blinking Left turn signal after replacing the bulb.
No problem! That's what we are here for, to share our experiences and knowledge.

As for the fast blinking, your truck might be thinking the bulb is out. If you had halogen and then used an LED, LED lights use less power, the truck with think it's out or malfunctioning, hence why they blink fast.

Fast Blinking fix

jp4lsu

Reaction score
The incandescent turn signal in the headlight was blown. After I changed it, it still blinks fast. I'm seeing now that people have seen a neg ground show up in their scanners. The BCM has to be reset or cleared then the blinkers work at normal pace.

Sorry to hijack thread......what was this thread about anyway?

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The incandescent turn signal in the headlight was blown. After I changed it, it still blinks fast. I'm seeing now that people have seen a neg ground show up in their scanners. The BCM has to be reset or cleared then the blinkers work at normal pace.

Sorry to hijack thread......what was this thread about anyway?

Most likely you will want to download FORScan and turn off the bulb out indicator system anyways if you are doing a lot of lighting changings on the truck from incandescent to LED. It'll solve a lot of headaches.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Good point. I have BT scanner on order that is compatible with FORScan Lite. I'm not sure if it is possible to do that with a Lite version though. I might have to go full version.