Morimoto XB or Raptor Retrofits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Dawson is offering the Morimoto M LED as an option or is still strictly the EvoX HID? I'd like to have him do the work because I've never done anything remotely near retrofitting a set of headlights and I'm not sure I trust my craftmanship abilities. I'm also pretty much dead set on the M LED over the HID. I know I should just email him again, but I feel like I've pestered that poor guy too much without ordering yet.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Dawson is offering the Morimoto M LED as an option or is still strictly the EvoX HID? I'd like to have him do the work because I've never done anything remotely near retrofitting a set of headlights and I'm not sure I trust my craftmanship abilities. I'm also pretty much dead set on the M LED over the HID. I know I should just email him again, but I feel like I've pestered that poor guy too much without ordering yet.
Sounds like an ez question, email him.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Citizen Park we’ve had similar discussions in YouTube comment sections. I go by my government name on YouTube.
About the headlights I’ve decided to tackle my own retrofit.
I’ve gone completely ignorant with it, I’ve got BI Laser/LED projectors coming in the next few weeks.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Citizen Park we’ve had similar discussions in YouTube comment sections. I go by my government name on YouTube.
About the headlights I’ve decided to tackle my own retrofit.
I’ve gone completely ignorant with it, I’ve got BI Laser/LED projectors coming in the next few weeks.

What did you end up going with and how do you like them? I have an older set of raptor retrofits that the housing is not as clear an it needs to be and has really cut the output. Trying to decide how to proceed.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also recommend the LED projectors from Morimoto. I've done a few HID retrofits and the LED's are a much cleaner and simpler install/build. No wire harness, bulb or ballast to go out on you and the LED's are just plug and play. I also think they are brighter than my D2S projectors. Cost a little more but less headache in the end.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my own retrofit build I used an LED projector with laser hi beam assist. Jeff and others were extremely helpful. I’m happy with them and enjoyed the project. I can’t say the DIY route saved me money since I am a novice and needed everything. Now I have basic wiring tools though and starting knowledge on connectors and building harnesses.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my own retrofit build I used an LED projector with laser hi beam assist. Jeff and others were extremely helpful. I’m happy with them and enjoyed the project. I can’t say the DIY route saved me money since I am a novice and needed everything. Now I have basic wiring tools though and starting knowledge on connectors and building harnesses.

Nice. Are they bright? What projectors did you go with? I have a ton of electrical tools, so that’s easy. Any pics of how it came out? Might be fun. I have my stock headlights along with the old set of raptor retrofits that are in need of refinishing.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USP Power Plus Bi-Laser Projectors are what I used. I got little carried away when ordering parts. The hi beams are pretty bright, especially compared to my factory reflectors.
I can't say they are any brighter than more economical projects from Profile or Morimoto, like I said I got carried away. I mean I have a Raptor with Fricken Laser Beams!
Overall I'm still happy with them. Haven't been in a lot of open spaces to test how far the lasers project yet.
I'll get some pictures uploaded when I get my truck back.
Currently it's with Jimmy at Allied Offroad getting Live-Valves and the SDI E-Clik setup.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USP Power Plus Bi-Laser Projectors are what I used. I got little carried away when ordering parts. The hi beams are pretty bright, especially compared to my factory reflectors.
I can't say they are any brighter than more economical projects from Profile or Morimoto, like I said I got carried away. I mean I have a Raptor with Fricken Laser Beams!
Overall I'm still happy with them. Haven't been in a lot of open spaces to test how far the lasers project yet.
I'll get some pictures uploaded when I get my truck back.
Currently it's with Jimmy at Allied Offroad getting Live-Valves and the SDI E-Clik setup.
Cool. thanks for the link. I'll have to look at them. Since i have some of the older retrofit HID from dawson, I wonder if i could just pull them apart and fit those in pretty easy. that would be cheaper than a lot of options. I just had my lenses professionally sanded and cleared. so they are nice and smooth/clear now. been running the stock headlights with a set of f150 led led replacement bulbs. they are brighter than my HIDs, which is disappointing. Don't get me wrong, the HIDs throw some pretty good light, and project pretty far, its just with everything getting so good, I want more!1DAAA03D-583D-4161-8696-BCA2D8F67933.jpeg

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think so! Just pay attention to bolt pattern on the projectors your are thinking about. If they are the same as the HID it could be as simple as unbolting the old projector and replacing it. The other thing that will probably have to be changed is the shroud. I bet Dawson glued them on pretty well.