Morimoto XB or Raptor Retrofits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can get to the adjusters while installed? Long screwdriver or short one?
Yes. As oplersx mentioned, the vertical low adjuster can be adjusted from the top. I used a ratchet for the adjusters on the back after installing the lights. 8mm if I recall. Was able to access all of them fairly easily. I do have aftermarket front bumper though. Not sure if it’s easier because of that or not.

T3amfish

Your mom goes to college
Reaction score
Got my headlights today, although this is supposed to be a Christmas present from my wife to me, so I’m supposed to wait to open them
7D359085-7A32-4C31-A492-E4319FBD8F78.jpeg

OP
OP
Buzzard2

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really Still doing Christmas presents? Might as well get them in and adjusted.

T3amfish

Your mom goes to college
Reaction score
I have an issue on the XB. First off the corner marker lights are are flat out yellow, not like a clear with 2 small yellow areas so I’m not impressed with that.

the LED ring is not that bright, not like people say that it’s “bananas bright”...

my issue is the passenger side. The high beam doesn’t engage. Turn on the high beams and the driver side engages but the passenger side goes dark, only the ring around the light shows..

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Which headlights did you buy? The XB or the Hybrid XB?

For your light not working, check your connection. Put the highs on and then squeeze the H13 connector (that's the factory connector) with your hands into the Morimoto one. If the lights come on then it's your factory connector just being old and not making proper contact on some of the pins. We see this from time to time.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an issue on the XB. First off the corner marker lights are are flat out yellow, not like a clear with 2 small yellow areas so I’m not impressed with that.

the LED ring is not that bright, not like people say that it’s “bananas bright”...

my issue is the passenger side. The high beam doesn’t engage. Turn on the high beams and the driver side engages but the passenger side goes dark, only the ring around the light shows..

The LED ring on my XB's are extremely bright, even during the day. Maybe you got a bad set?

LVSpeedemon

Reaction score
After watching the shootout video, I pulled the trigger on the alpharex novas and I absolutely love them. Brighter than the XBs, built in DRL, sequential turn signals and a cool startup sequence with the DRLs. Definitely much brighter than my stock HIDs.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
I went with the Morimotos because I could get them quick, plug them in, they look dang sexy, and I could sell my HIDs for good money. They are very bright compared to stock HIDs, bright enough for me.
2c59bf35e5d67e2ae471f83497ba9f56.jpg
Sweet rig. Can you send more pics? I have a '13 Screw Terrian and looking to upgrade my headlights. I can't decide between the Xb or Xb Hybrid (like the 2 beam) or RR with Amber C Clamp (which looks dope on Terrian).