Morimoto XB Headlights vs. OEM LED - Lux Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you able to light up a road from raptor headlight height with each? Garage test shows the brightness but it almost looks concentrated on the xb’s. It would be great to see the difference in a practical application and how much an extended area is lit if possible

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Around here that's tricky (Long Island). There's no roads around here without street lights/etc... and since i'm in a commercial area at the shop, lots of lights.

I could try this at home I suppose. Less light pollution in the residential area.

I'll try and do just that over the next few days, if the weather clears up (raining now)

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to @4x4TruckLEDs.com for the amount of info you have shared on the site. Your youtube video was the ONLY useful one i could find when it came to correctly explaining the wiring for these headlights. You saved me a ton of time i would have wasted trying to figure it all out and i really appreciate it.

7EC7D4D4-BBB7-4E58-B4AF-02D6A0B09A5A.jpeg

E611B6EA-9507-46EF-BB01-483FAFBCE7F3.jpeg

tempImageAnwG0y.png

132BC2DD-1A85-49C6-B374-E3146BB7B367.jpeg

3E7AD25E-D9F8-43A8-B720-1951733F783C.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to @4x4TruckLEDs.com for the amount of info you have shared on the site. Your youtube video was the ONLY useful one i could find when it came to correctly explaining the wiring for these headlights. You saved me a ton of time i would have wasted trying to figure it all out and i really appreciate it.

View attachment 335093

View attachment 335094

View attachment 335095

View attachment 335096

View attachment 335097

Glad to help. Now the real question. DID YOU buy your Morimotos from us?

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
So out of boredom tonight I decided to do a little shootout.

We compared the OEM LED headlights against the Morimoto XB LED Headlights (v1) against the Morimoto XB LED Headlights (v2).

We did this in a controlled, highly secure and scientific testing facility. Complete with real-time weather abilities. Okay... so it was in my driveway, at 7pm at night in 45 degree weather with leaves blowing around. Whatever :)

But the shops 16' alignment banner is buried behind old storage racks at the warehouse and I had a lot of people asking for some data.

So the nitty gritty.

At 25' the OEM LED Headlights put out 570 lux.
At 25' the Morimoto XB LED Headlights (v1) put out 950 lux.
At 25' the Morimoto XB LED Headlights (v2) put out 1490 lux.

So yeah... there's a HUGE difference between the new Morimotos and your factory OEM LED.

For those who don't know, v1 references the XB Headlights for the Gen2 Raptors sold before the Summer of 2020. Right around that time they came out with their new versions, the v2. Or as they call it Generation 2/2nd Generation/V2.

I threw some high beams hots in as well. You can see how clear the cut-off is on the Morimotos compared to the stock OEM LED (and it's amazing, how Ford won awards for their LED Headlight design).

The new Morimotos ARE currently out of stock until January 2021 so if you want to secure a set, better order them now: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2017-ford-f150-raptor/

As always, if anybody has questions about these, let me know.

View attachment 156206

I have a question as I'm considering these V2s to replace the awful factory LED headlights. these are both your photos but a huge difference in lux readings. is one low beam and other hi beams?

1642999606061.png

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What do you mean, huge difference in lux readings? There are 4 different products being shown here...

Stock OEM halogen
Stock OEM LED
Morimoto XB Hybrids
Morimoto XB

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
What do you mean, huge difference in lux readings? There are 4 different products being shown here...

Stock OEM halogen
Stock OEM LED
Morimoto XB Hybrids
Morimoto XB
I realize that but did you notice I quoted your 1st post from this thread but the picture you have on post 1 didn''t load.

so I was trying to compare lux numbers to these lux numbers....

1643000433230.png

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well the photo kind of explains everything...

There's an OEM LED photo with low and low/highs
Then v1 of the Morimotos, again with low and then low/highis
Then the v2 of the Morimotos, again with low and then low/highs

So not quite sure I understand... that's an old photo anyway, v1 are not even available. So this is the readout that is important:

2015-2020 F150 Stock vs Morimoto.jpg