Morimoto XB Headlights vs. OEM LED - Lux Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
Let's try simplifying this and just talk about one light. How about OEM LED light. In one of your photos you show 570 lux and in the other you show 1370. Are these lux readings at different distances or is the higher reading the bright lights. This wasn't meant to be a difficult or trick question.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having swapped to the v2 morimotos, the light output, in my opinion, was better with the oem.

the light spread on the oem LEDs are better and the amber drl outline is the only reason I'm keeping my mori XB V2s. the XB have a sharper cutoff but I feel like its missing a bulk of light where it needs to be.

and yes, they are aligned correctly. been building lights and retrofits as long as I can remember, way before TRS, etc. even existed.

toledoUPSguy

Reaction score
having swapped to the v2 morimotos, the light output, in my opinion, was better with the oem.

the light spread on the oem LEDs are better and the amber drl outline is the only reason I'm keeping my mori XB V2s. the XB have a sharper cutoff but I feel like its missing a bulk of light where it needs to be.

and yes, they are aligned correctly. been building lights and retrofits as long as I can remember, way before TRS, etc. even existed.
Thank you.

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I also recently swapped from OEM LEDs to Morimoto XBs (thank you @4x4TruckLEDs.com!), and highly prefer the Morimotos.

Where I'm at in the PNW its dark and wet most everywhere all of the time. Recently its also been super foggy.

I'm not a headlight expert but I couldn't see $#@% at night with the stock headlights without the help of my fogs. Morimoto's made that a lot better.

Swaps from whatever came stock to projectors are really common up here. The spread and definition of the projector beams can't be beaten in my conditions.

F0E69944-F0F0-47BA-BCC9-1F74D388B19E.jpegA301FD49-DC4F-47E0-83F2-4371BAB7AFA6.jpeg555C90C7-3C81-4BCB-B427-B0E3CB1B10A1.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let's try simplifying this and just talk about one light. How about OEM LED light. In one of your photos you show 570 lux and in the other you show 1370. Are these lux readings at different distances or is the higher reading the bright lights. This wasn't meant to be a difficult or trick question.

They are different photos, taken at different lengths. The original photo with the garage you can ignore since v1 are not available. Here is your comparison photo

2015-2020 F150 Stock vs Morimoto.jpg

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree fully with this. Look cool. Brighter but the spread is definetly worse. Didn’t pick up the gains I was hoping for.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had Morimoto lights installed 2 months ago. Zero regrets. They illuminate the side of the road better than my OEM headlights. That is important with all the narrow winding roads near us. And the start up sequence is awesome.