Morimoto XB Headlights Startup and DRLs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markvtwin

Reaction score
When taping off of the side markers the drl would only come on when the side markers come on correct? So driving during the day the drl lights would not be on by themselves unless you manually switched to parking lights or headlights. I am looking for drl to come on during the day when the truck is started. I am all for your idea with the relay but would like the drl to come on automatically during the day. I have read many threads on fuse location but they are all different. I am currently in fuse 37 with the tap and drl stay on unless I restart and mess around with it.
Any advice would be appreciated. 2019 Raptor

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When taping off of the side markers the drl would only come on when the side markers come on correct? So driving during the day the drl lights would not be on by themselves unless you manually switched to parking lights or headlights. I am looking for drl to come on during the day when the truck is started. I am all for your idea with the relay but would like the drl to come on automatically during the day. I have read many threads on fuse location but they are all different. I am currently in fuse 37 with the tap and drl stay on unless I restart and mess around with it.
Any advice would be appreciated. 2019 Raptor
It’s been a while but I think I used fuse 14? Haven’t had any issues with the DRL or startup sequence either

Dewey

Reaction score
Is fast blinking on the inside normal? On the outside they work like normal

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DRL question for anyone that has these.

The DRLs (light knob in the off position) are super bright. When you turn the knob one click to activate the grill and marker lights, the DRL brightness reduces drastically. Anyone find a way to maintain max DRL brightness while also running grill and marker lights?
Apparently it’s unpossible

17RaptorRyan

Reaction score
Is fast blinking on the inside normal? On the outside they work like normal
I'm having this problem too... Morimoto people told me I need to plug in the data cable that we have on our factory harness ... But our headlights only have a one plug for the headlight on the factory harness...

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used this thread to potentially (time will tell) solve my Morimoto XB LED "DRL problem" - figured I would post some info for others.

2018 Raptor 802a package

When first installed, my lights worked perfectly for over 6 months until just last week. I started experiencing an intermittent "DRLs won't turn off". I had to recycle the ignition to get them to turn off. But it was very odd, only happened in mornings when I got to work, never at home when I pull into the garage.

Fuse location appear like this for a 2018 Gen2:
14 = 15amp spare
35 = 20amp vehicle power 4
36 = 10amp vehicle power 3
37 = 25amp vehicle power 2
38 = 25amp vehicle power 1

I originally tapped fuse 36 for the DRLs exactly as the Morimoto instructions advise.

Morimoto's instruction #16: "Run wire harness for the drl to the fuse box. Remove fuse 36 as indicated (10A red fuse). NOTE: Some trucks keep fuse #36 hot for 30+ minutes once the truck is turned off. Use fuse position 35 or 37 instead if this is the case."

I didn't really want to use a 25amp circuit with these lights, so I figured fuse 14 as a spare would work.

Everything seems stable again, DRLs turn off with the rest of the lights (either 30 second delay or immediately when alarm when is set).