Morimoto XB Headlight Parts PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbro

Reaction score
Bought my Gen2 with Morimoto XB headlights already installed. One side stopped working. I troubleshot it down to the "computer light control LED" plug. See pics and video.

How do I buy this part?

I called Morimoto and they were no help. They kept thinking I want the part for free. I couldn't get through to the person on the phone that I will pay for the part vs buying a $1800 set of new lights.

If anyone or any sponsor can help here it is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220302_174408.jpg
    20220302_174408.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220302_173243.jpg
    20220302_173243.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 40

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Did you verify all of the electrical connections, hoping its just something simple you may have missed. Did some poking around and wasnt able to come up with anything on the part number combos listed. I think you need to keep calling until you get someone knowledgeable on the phone or escalate until you get to someone that is. Was this a foreign call center, if so you can try reaching different department like sales or vendor support to try and land in CONUS.

OP
OP
T

Turbro

Reaction score
Yes, I went through all the connections and put dielectric grese on them. It's just a soldering join on the connector of that module. Problem is the paste they use has hardened and I can't get to solder joint on the connector.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with Morimoto CS is that it is hit or miss depending on who you get on the other end. I would try again. There is no reason they couldn't sell you that module.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Yes, I went through all the connections and put dielectric grese on them. It's just a soldering join on the connector of that module. Problem is the paste they use has hardened and I can't get to solder joint on the connector.

Care to post a pic of the connector/paste. Sounds like youre describing a conformal coating or potting compound of some kind.

OP
OP
T

Turbro

Reaction score
Dont have a pic of the paste. It's normal electronic paste. About to get on the road for our AZ trip. The Ridgid lights will do the job till I get to AZ or have some time.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can't buy THAT part. It's not a field-service item Morimoto sells. Best you can do is buy 1 replacement. But you need to know if you have the Original "1st gen" versoins or the newer "2nd gen" ones.

You can tell because the newer "2nd gen" ones have all 4 LED projectors on each side turning on with the low beams.

We're a Master Dealer for Morimoto. Shoot me a message, maybe we can sell you one single side.