Morimoto VS AlphaRex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologize for the necropost but didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I know the Morimotos have a five year warranty (seen people use it), but has anyone ever had to use the Alpharex two year warranty? I've not heard of one or missed it. Both these are on my radar and I'm on the fence equally as far as aesthetics. However, a five year warranty means nothing to me if I have to use it often.

Anyone have Alpharex fail?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Apologize for the necropost but didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I know the Morimotos have a five year warranty (seen people use it), but has anyone ever had to use the Alpharex two year warranty? I've not heard of one or missed it. Both these are on my radar and I'm on the fence equally as far as aesthetics. However, a five year warranty means nothing to me if I have to use it often.

Anyone have Alpharex fail?

We sell a LOT more Morimoto then AlphaRex so it's tough to say. I've had more Morimoto warrantys over AlphaRex, but as I said... we sell more Morimoto.

I prefer the look of the Morimoto and the output. The AlphaRex pattern is WEIRD. It's not as crisp as the Morimoto and the pattern is a bit "blobbish" and not clean. The colors also look different when you are behind someone with AlphaRex (you see the purples/blues/whites of the LED which is weird).

Morimoto gets my vote!

We've got them in stock and they ship usually the same day from us. So check them out here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2017-ford-f150-raptor-2015-2017-f150/

1653362635019.png

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sell a LOT more Morimoto then AlphaRex so it's tough to say. I've had more Morimoto warrantys over AlphaRex, but as I said... we sell more Morimoto.

I prefer the look of the Morimoto and the output. The AlphaRex pattern is WEIRD. It's not as crisp as the Morimoto and the pattern is a bit "blobbish" and not clean. The colors also look different when you are behind someone with AlphaRex (you see the purples/blues/whites of the LED which is weird).

Morimoto gets my vote!

We've got them in stock and they ship usually the same day from us. So check them out here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2017-ford-f150-raptor-2015-2017-f150/

View attachment 355947
Funny, I WAS actually looking at your site for both. Guess my concern is I've heard a couple people in the local offroad community (who still have the Morimotos btw) say they have each had more than one warranty claim. Caused me pause as I'm an old retired guy who still remembers a day when a "lifetime warranty" was an absolute dare to try and break their shit vs "we will just keep replacing it for the little it actually costs us, weighing the odds that someone will not or can not comply with our warranty stipulations".

What I'm really saying is I'm a cynical Red Foreman/Walt Kowalski type (less the prejudice part). So looking to see if any here had reported problems with the Alpharex. I'm convinced either is better than stock and prefer which ever of the two that is least likely to have a warranty claim in the first place... if such can even be defined.

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure I’m in the minority here, but I have a set of AlphaRex on my f150. I’ve had them for over 2 years now and not a single problem. The white outline (DRL) still works and not a single LED out. The amber turn signal and amber turn outline switchback still perform flawless and not a single amber LED is out. I did put some aftermarket LED bulbs (Amazon specials) in the projectors and those have worked perfectly as well. The headlights show no signs of fading or cracking, and have been exposed to Florida and Arizona sun, north east and mid Atlantic winters, and over 70,000 miles on the road. Not a single chip or crack, a few very slight scratches but that to be expected. I’ve also NEVER had any condensation in them.

Attachments

• A692B6E3-93F6-4314-8CD7-15939AE39B1A.jpeg
    A692B6E3-93F6-4314-8CD7-15939AE39B1A.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2371D9CE-B002-4720-A06E-BA1D0F632200.jpeg
    2371D9CE-B002-4720-A06E-BA1D0F632200.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 21