Morimoto Replacement LED Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bombsquad68

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side low beam stopped working this AM. Took it apart this afternoon and all connections are solid , it started working again about an hour into my 2 hour drive home. I am pretty sure I'm going to send them back.

l1bnZkA.jpg

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side low beam stopped working this AM. Took it apart this afternoon and all connections are solid , it started working again about an hour into my 2 hour drive home. I am pretty sure I'm going to send them back.

l1bnZkA.jpg

Have you gotten any feedback from the vendor you bought the lights from? This is no bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally pulled the plug on buying these after that post. I don’t need any issues or gremlins in my truck. I think they look great and really give the truck a custom look but I rather drop the coin on some other mods.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The OEM LED Headlights are actually complete crap. I mean they are great for OEM, but as far as comparing the output to aftermarket, THAT is no bueno.

We're a big Morimoto dealer and we also sell brands like Anzo and AlphaRex. We have our own line of LED bulbs as well which give you a lot of light (without the glare) in regular housings.

Our big items have always been our LED Conversion kits. Giving non-OEM LED folks that nice LED output. And after having used our LED bulbs in regular housing and now driving a truck with OEM LED i can tell you... the OEM LED are just not that great at all.

Morimoto gives you a lot more light over the OEM LED, but sometimes there can be issues. Morimoto had issues about 6 months ago with some quality control but from what I understand, it's been fixed. We have a ton of Morimoto XB's in stock for all the various years/styles and they sell pretty well. So far in the last batch we brought in we've had no issues. With that said, about 6 months ago we did see issues.

I'm not sure where Bombsquad got his lights from, but the re-seller should be able to get an RMA setup. It might have just been part of that bad batch that came out which got resolved.

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Morimoto XB's have been on my truck for 9 months now and I’ve yet to have any issues with them. I personally love the XB’s. The XB light pattern is different from the OEM pattern with a sharp cutoff, but I also run Rigid 10” SR fogs on my ADD Stealth Fighter bumper so I really can’t complain about the cutoff.

82a83839254ad7808f97bfa231f9113a.jpg
dd7afa50ebfc16158e88b7865ac09a6c.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumping this to see if issues are worked out, any new users? I am really wanting a set of these. The DRLs are just on (orange outline only) during the day and the low beams come on at dark?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bumping this to see if issues are worked out, any new users? I am really wanting a set of these. The DRLs are just on (orange outline only) during the day and the low beams come on at dark?

What issues? We sell tons of these and it's rare we've had an issue. Come to think of it, I don't think we've ever had a set of the Raptor versions come back to us with issues.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Morimoto XB's have been on my truck for 9 months now and I’ve yet to have any issues with them. I personally love the XB’s. The XB light pattern is different from the OEM pattern with a sharp cutoff, but I also run Rigid 10” SR fogs on my ADD Stealth Fighter bumper so I really can’t complain about the cutoff.

82a83839254ad7808f97bfa231f9113a.jpg
dd7afa50ebfc16158e88b7865ac09a6c.jpg

You need to stop posting CRAP like this! I didn't even freaking know that I needed a different from bumper until I saw your truck. Damn you!!!

Yes, it's freaking cool! Carry on.

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to stop posting CRAP like this! I didn't even freaking know that I needed a different from bumper until I saw your truck. Damn you!!!

Yes, it's freaking cool! Carry on.
Sorry [emoji52]