GEN 2 Morimoto Marker Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nacho226

Reaction score
Hey all, I couldn't find much information on the Morimoto aftermarket grill & fender marker lights. I just wanted to give some insight on what they look like on the truck for any one wondering or maybe looking to purchase the lights.

IMG_8513.jpegIMG_8516.jpegIMG_8515.jpegIMG_8544.jpegIMG_8508.jpg

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have them because I wanted the smoked look. I am happy with mine. I have the grille lights too but I think they were different than morimoto.

Bonestock

Reaction score
I did the marker lights today. Info for those looking to do them;

Front marker light:
Wiggle out OEM marker from rubber grommet. Pull out light and rubber grommet from fender flare. Inside you will see a connector which will help get to if you use a small panel popper to get the wire connector free. From there you can disconnect the OEM marker and plug the new one in place.

Rear marker light:
Using an 8mm socket and ratchet, remove the two rear screws holding the rear tail light in place. Slide the tail light rearward to pop it out. Disconnect tail light harness and put tail light aside.

Wiggle out OEM marker from rubber grommet. Pull out light and rubber grommet from fender flare. Free the connector from the harness and plug in replacement marker light. Reinstall tail light.

Although there are no directions, each marker light from Morimoto has a small yellow or red sticker dot to indicate it’s color.

Spraying some Windex will help seat the rubber grommets in place.

vessey007

Reaction score
My Gen2 driver's side recently went out, does anyone on the thread know if this requires removing the entire fender flare in order to meet the connection? I have only found a video or two online and they are just splicing into the OEM wires. Panel popper? Any help would be much appreciated!

jp1seattle

Reaction score
My Gen2 driver's side recently went out, does anyone on the thread know if this requires removing the entire fender flare in order to meet the connection? I have only found a video or two online and they are just splicing into the OEM wires. Panel popper? Any help would be much appreciated!
No it doesn't. I remember having to pull the front flares out a little bit and popping out a few clips, but it doesn't have to be taken off completely. And it all popped right back in afterwards.

It's an easy swap that took about 30 min total.

mobilefordtechjosh

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_3456.jpeg
I did all mine including the grille with Morimoto kit. I posted some tips on my instagram about doing the grille. Absolutely no power tools on the grille or ratchets finger tight and you can always do black hot glue to make the lights more rigid. Or if the stud breaks.

Attachments

• IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2

Raptor Rob

Reaction score
I will say that Morimoto has the BEST Customer service of any Company I've dealt with. I bought these lights or similar ones for My Son for his Graduation Present. He has a 18 F150. After about 2 Years one of the lights got hazy. Morimoto Warrantied them no questions asked. Now this past Year 2023 5 Years later he had a couple led's out in the surround. They once again warrantied them with no Hassle! There's not too many Companies that stand behind their product like this Company does!