morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor556

Reaction score
so after scratching my front right headlight in an accident I'll probably be getting some morimoto headlights. given
the oem price is stupid high.

But ******** the instructions I have seen online are about as clear as mud! I saw 4x4 trucks youtube video. yeah the second video was a little better I guess. until they got to where the fuse is supposed to go in. The guy in the video didn't know.

what? I'm not looking for a headache. I just want some clear ass instructions.

Or if anyone has a like new front right gen 2 headlight, i'll take it. haha

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some custom Morimoto headlights I could sell you. Mine are plug and play. Edit: No fuses or anything additional. Just have to run some wires to the battery.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so after scratching my front right headlight in an accident I'll probably be getting some morimoto headlights. given
the oem price is stupid high.

But ******** the instructions I have seen online are about as clear as mud! I saw 4x4 trucks youtube video. yeah the second video was a little better I guess. until they got to where the fuse is supposed to go in. The guy in the video didn't know.

what? I'm not looking for a headache. I just want some clear ass instructions.

Or if anyone has a like new front right gen 2 headlight, i'll take it. haha

The fuse box is different between model years I believe. As well, the fuse tap can be done in many different locations without issues. It's been about a year since I did mine, but I think anyone that's open is fine. Someone correct me on that if wrong.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DRL question for anyone that has these.

The DRLs (light knob in the off position) are super bright. When you turn the knob one click to activate the grill and marker lights, the DRL brightness reduces drastically. Anyone find a way to maintain max DRL brightness while also running grill and marker lights?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The DRLs (light knob in the off position) are super bright. When you turn the knob one click to activate the grill and marker lights, the DRL brightness reduces drastically. Anyone find a way to maintain max DRL brightness while also running grill and marker lights?
May not be the same, but for the alpharex lights i had on my previous truck, the fuse tap was for the DRLs dimming.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's unpossible.

SpruceGoose

Reaction score
How do you like your Morimoto headlights? In some pics the LED strips seem a bit pixelated, but I didn't know if that was just because of the way LED's appear on camera